Author Topic: How to configure VoodooHDA.kext  (Read 9577 times)

otacon

• Entrant
How to configure VoodooHDA.kext
« on: December 13, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »
Ok so I must be misunderstanding what I need to do to make Voodoohda work for my audio card.

My Linux Codec Dump is attached.

First off, is my device id the same as the codec dump Vendor ID or subsystem id?

I tried to IOPCIMATCH both but that did not work.

if I try the attached voodoohda, I get hdmi and audio out, but the audio out for my headphones is choppy, hdmi does not work, and line in kernel panics.

Is there a guide out there that I am just missing completely to configure Voodoohda.kext to my audio card?

Also When patching a node is the string the Pin Default in the Codec dump?

Where do people get the integers from?

otacon

• Entrant
Re: How to configure VoodooHDA.kext
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »
Wierd thing is if I stress my cpu to about 60% on one of my two cpus the sound is no longer choppy through my head phones...yeah

otacon

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:26 AM »
Below are my Codec dumps and graphs. I Now know that the NID has to be in decimal format, but I still can't implement anything.

Questions:

1. Do I need to get my audio pins from windows 7's registry or is voodoohda ok without these files.
2. Is there a guide I am missing to show me how to get voodoohda working?
3. In order to get my audio card working, I only have to edit voodoohda's info.plist or are there more steps to that?
4. How do I change the info.plist to allow my audio to work?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:37:00 AM by otacon »

otacon

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 05:29:04 AM »
By the way: I am still wondering about this issue, but I did resolve one thing.

The choppiness is resolved by using idlehalt=0 at bootup or adding it to your com.apple.boot.plist as a kernel flag.

otherwise I am still waiting on direction on how to configure the info.plist to recognize my audio ports and speakers.