VoodooPS2Controller > Bug Reports

Kernel panic

(1/3) > >>

X:
This is on a Hackintosh machine using an IP35-Pro motherboard, Q9550, 8 GB RAM.  USB keyboard works fine but I would like to use PS/2 because I can't get into my BIOS with a USB keyboard.

When the VoodooPS2Controller loads I'm getting a kernel panic.  I'm not sure what the whole log looks like because the panic occurs before logging to disk starts but of what I can see on screen (see attached picture for the whole thing):

--- Code: ---using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
PS2Controller: Created dev /ps2controller
Using new IRQ layout 0,1
ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Panic(CPU 3): Unresponsive processor
<...stack trace addresses...>
      Backtrace continues
   Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
      org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller(1.1)@0x79383000->0x79388fff
--- End code ---

This machine works fine without the PS2Controller.

Maybe something bad happening with whatever ACPI stuff the PS2Controller is doing?

mackerintel:
Already discussed here.Remove any non-Voodoo PS2-related kexts (especially AppleACPINub)

X:
Yeah, I saw that.  I'm not aware of any PS/2 kexts I'm using.

I'm running a clean retail based install and the only kexts I'm using are VoodooPS2Controller, JMicronATA, NVkush, dsmos, and AppleACPIPlatform for my board (not sure where that is from, it was in the "v4.4" package for IP35 boards).  I have removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleUpstreamUserClient kexts and I'm not using any disabler "nub"'s.

Maybe it's the IP35 AppleACPIPlatform?

lebidou:
Inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext, there is a PlugIns folder in which there is ACPIPS2Nub.kext or AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext sometimes

X:
Heh, I was just getting ready to edit my post because I forgot to put what was inside my AppleACPIPlatform plugins:
AppleACPIButtons.kext
AppleACPIEC.kext
AppleACPIPCI.kext

None of these look like PS/2 things to me but I guess there could be something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version