Author Topic: Safe Mode is always default boot mode  (Read 3029 times)

SisXtian

• Entrant
Safe Mode is always default boot mode
« on: December 21, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
Just wondering why things seem to be out of whack on my Chameleon Bootloader menu (2.0 RC5 r678)? I have a dual boot setup on a single hard drive with an OSX 10.6.5 system partition and a Windows 7 system partition. When I select the OSX partition and hit Enter, Snow Leopard loads in safe mode. But when I select the OSX partition and hit the "down" arrow to get to the menu, and select the first option "Boot", Snow Leopard loads normally and perfectly fine. Just wondering how I might be able to get it to load normally without pressing the down arrow to get to the menu? Any help/explanation will be appreciated. Here are my specs in case they help:

GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 mobo FC bios
24 GB DDR3 1333 Gskill Ripjaws RAM
Intel Core i7 980-x 3.33 ghz CPU (not overclocked)
Corsair 750w PSU
NVidia Quadro FX 370 PCI Express-x16
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA HDD
Dual boot OSX Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Retail Snow Leopard install with iBoot/Multibeast, Combo update to 10.6.5
DSDT from the TonyMAC DSDT database

Everything is working (audio, video, internet, PS/2, NTFS-3G, etc.). Just this bootloader issue that i'm trying to understand. Thanks.

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Safe Mode is always default boot mode
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:06:12 PM »
Check your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist for boot flags. Refer to the Chameleon documentation posted in this forum.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

SisXtian

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:20:47 PM »
I am very familiar with my /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and I have no boot flags that would effect this. Is there even a boot flag that will differentiate between the default icon for booting, and the menu option "Boot"? Can someone enlighten me as to what the difference is? I've read all the Chameleon documentation I can get my hands on. I was hoping someone here would be able to provide some information that wasn't found elsewhere.

NetBoot

• Observer
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
Has it always been this way, or did it just starting acting up?

Try changing your keyboard and see if it's a keyboard issue.

Net....