Author Topic: [Theme] iCham2 - It's Magical =P  (Read 41065 times)

forwinex

• Entrant
Re: [Theme] iCham2 - It's Magical =P
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:41 AM »
 ;D it worked ~~ thanks for providing these wonderful themes :lol:

Gnobama

• Entrant
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
First of all, I really love your work Enzo! Really amazing!

I have one question, I resized it to 2560*1440 and all went fine.
Now I add the line from the subfolder to get the names below my drives (got mulitple OSX versions running) but since then the boot icons appears just half on and half below the edge of the iPad.
Furthermore around 25% of the white background (background behind the iPad, so not the picture in the iPad) isgrey, while the rest is whit (which is the correct background color)

I tried to resize it to 1920*1080, then the icons are on the right place but the iPad is to large for my screen.

Any tips how I can get the icons at the right place with keeping the 2560*1440 resolution?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:12:25 PM by Gnobama »

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Hello, and thanks =).

Looks like you were close the first time. Only the font alignment was just a tad off. I remember having to play with alignment a lot to get it right for each resolutions. I remember on every other resolution, I had to fix the alignment by adjusting the background image to get a better result. Now I can't seem to find what value I changed in the theme.plist. Maybe it was just device_pos_y, try increasing that from 70% to move it down, or reduce it to move it up. It may be that the text distance from the device icon is unchangeable and the way to put any distance in between was artificially by making either the device icon png bigger (by giving it a big transparency area). I hope this makes sense.

As for the background, assuming it's outputting at 2460x1440 (does it? I thought this was not a vesa standard). If it is, then maybe the background image simply isn't an adequate size. I can maybe provide you with a 2560x1440 source background image ,which you can then play with... hmm.

Also, I see you have multiple Mac versions running. Cham these days has support, so it's possible to have a different icon for different OS X versions, as seen by my LoginToLion theme. I realize this may facilitate not needing the device names at all. However I'd have to update this theme with new icons, and I don't know if there's enough interest... However.. I can get obsessed about these things =P. An easy way to bring support is for me to simply change the fake text in the device icons. That way I don't really have to create new icons, simply churn out ones that say 10.4/5/6/7/8.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:05:23 PM by Enzo »

Gnobama

• Entrant
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
I don't know if it's outputting 2560*1440, I don't think this is a VESA standard either, but without the alternate small font it was perfect.

If you see a change to change the fake text to 10.4/5/6/7/8 or Tiger/ Leopard/ Snow Leopard/ Lion/ Mountain lion (which I prefer but I don't have nothing to want of course:-) it would be great!

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »
Sure, I'll churn those out sometime today.

Edit: Here you go, though I got lazy and didn't do RAID versions =P. It's a simple way to add OS X Detection. Only the fake text under the square icons is replaced to: Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion. The icon remains the same otherwise. Also, this is only for 1920x1200 and 1920x1080. The other resolutions require a different size or a tad spacing adjustment. I can add more as requested at a later date.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:26:01 PM by Enzo »

Gnobama

• Entrant
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
Enzo, you are really the man!

Thank you so much, I will immediatly use the new files once home!

Best regards,
Raymond