Author Topic: So close in getting audio to work , Plz Help . [P35 DS3L]  (Read 3930 times)

breaktru

• Entrant
So close in getting audio to work , Plz Help . [P35 DS3L]
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:21 AM »
Before starting , here's the spec

Motherboard : [color="#3673a3"]Gigabyte[/color] P35 DS3L
[color="#3673a3"]Audio[/color] : ALC888 I assume
OSX : Iatkos V3 updated to 10.6.5

I've   tried AppleHDA(patching it) , LegacyHda , HDAenabler and etc. but   nothing works for the audio . Using VoodooHDA 2.7.2 is the closest I   have got to hear any sound the system . However , it isn't working   properly because the volume seems to be too low even when I max the   volume on my speaker knob . All I heard is static and some beats but not   proper audio .

In system preferences > sound  > output , I only have Digital Out(HDMI) , Headphones(Green Front) and Spdif out(Orange Rear).

While my VoodooHDA setting is line green : PCM , Imix and input gain ,  MAXed . SSE2 , ticked .

Anyway here's the Getdump . Please help . Thanks .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:10:16 AM by breaktru »

sbt

• Entrant
Re: So close in getting audio to work , Plz Help . [P35 DS3L]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:56 AM »
I have a similar problem with my Gigabyte 965P-DS3 with Realtek ALC 888 integrated audio card. I suppose the problem is caused by the HDMI output of my new Nvidia GTS 450 graphic card. I also have an ATI Radeon HD 3850 display card, although there was sound in the green front output, I can't use this card as I couldn't find a proper kext to use it in full resolution. Now I can see only digital outputs when Nvidia is installed and therefore I can't use my speakers or headphones. Does anybody know how to fix this issue, I checked so many pages that I got lost. I tried a couple of kexts, multibeast, voodooHDA and lastly a method from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html .
Any help is very much appreciated  :-\  I used both iAtkos and Hazard DVD's, but the results are the same.