overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [Theme] Blackosx_Product_Box  (Read 18159 times)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
[Theme] Blackosx_Product_Box
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »
Here's a simple RC5 theme based upon work done for a previously unfinished idea given to me by PolishOX. The devices are renditions of the box artwork for the various operating systems, along with the some made up ones for the Linux distro's, the yet to be released OS X Lion and a few other default Chameleon ones. Here's a small sample:

I have sized the device icons to be similar to the Chameleon default theme so it should fit most displays without needing many modifications, though feel free to change the max devices displayed to better fit the GUI's resolution. Please download the theme by selecting the 'Blackosx_Product_Box_Theme' link at the bottom of this post. (You'll need to be logged in)

Note:
• This theme requires Chameleon RC5. The device_selection graphic is blank, so you won't see a selector in RC4 and earlier.
• The theme.plist is currently set to use screen size & boot width of 1680x1050. Please change these to match your own screen resolution.

Device Graphic Options
The theme package includes a folder named 'alternate devices' and this includes an extra 34 x device graphics for various flavours of Linux, OS X and Windows.

To help with resizing and to keep maximum image quality, the devices were created on a photoshop canvas of 726x1221 pixels. These large files are not part of the main theme download at the bottom of this post, therefore here's a separate link to download the set of full sized devices. It's about 18MB.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hmj8nahu4fmob66
Note: The above link is only for the devices and not the whole theme. See theme download at bottom of post (once logged in).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:56:15 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

QE_LiTHiUm

• Entrant
Re: [Theme] Blackosx_Product_Box
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
Tnx for sharing, Loving it. It will be my default theme for the chameleon. looks great. Going to test it....

1 question : you've created a device png for Lion, so does this support the new chameleon 75x series ? I mean the one you guys are working on.

rebirthx

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:24 AM »
Thanks For Your Design...

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:15:52 AM »
1 question : you've created a device png for Lion, so does this support the new chameleon 75x series ? I mean the one you guys are working on.
Chameleon will use only one device graphic for all HFS+ system volumes in the GUI (RC5 does also detect a RAID volume and uses a separate graphic for that) and does not distinguish between different versions of OS X to allow a different device graphic for each. The current default hfsplus.png (and the accompanied hfsplus_o.png) depict the Snow Leopard image.

If you want to change the default Snow Leopard images to the Lion images then just rename the Lion images to device_hfsplus.png and device_hfsplus_o.png, then replace the original files in the main theme folder with them.

This theme will work with any version of Chameleon based on RC5, regardless of whether or not the underlying code has been modified to boot 10.7.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

urge

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:11:40 AM »
Nice!  :)

amsart

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
thanks blackosx, maybe i could donate my design to you, btw, thanks anyway

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 03:28:48 PM »
Hi amsart and welcome to the forum :)

I'm not sure I understand. Have you created a theme which you want to donate?

zanshin

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 01:36:27 PM »
Thanks to share love it

allahjihadi

• Entrant
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:47 AM »
Thank man.... I love it....

xmedik

• Entrant
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 02:44:22 AM »
boot in the style of lion
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:42:53 PM by xmedik »

PolishOX

• Observer
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 06:02:35 AM »
I'm slowly learning a bit about testing themes and such.

Please bare with me.

I attempted to use this theme and on both screens it loaded the SNOW LEOPARD icon instead of the LION.

Additionally, I attempted to replace the stock boot.png with the one from xmedik but it didn't change.

What did I do wrong?

PolishOX

• Observer
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 06:14:04 AM »
I fixed the lion icon issue by reading the entire thread.

I'm still curious to find out how to modify the boot.png issued from xmedik.

I'm also curious to know if we can change the order of the partitions displayed or is it hard coded into Chameleon?

Finally, does anyone know if it's possible to have an icon for an NTFS partition labeled: DATA

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »
@PolishOX
The icons are just that, if you want to use other it is simply a matter of swapping out the appropriate images in the theme's folder. This goes for both the boot.png and the hfs png. Chameleon can't tell the difference between SL or Lion, so there can only be one type of Mac icon. All Chameleon does it set all NTFS to one icon, all HFS (Mac) to one icon, HFS Raid to another, etc. In recent builds, Cham has the ability to tell the difference between a few linux distros, but that is all.

The order of the partitions is hard coded AFAIK. As far as the NTFS DATA partition goes, do you mean you want it to have it's own, separate icon? If so, not possible... or do you mean you'd just like for it to show up in Chameleon, and thus it being assigned an icon? In which case I can say that only bootable partitions should be showing up in Chameleon, this goes for NTFS as well, and all NTFS partitions will have the same icon.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:03:51 AM by Enzo »

PolishOX

• Observer
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 02:57:21 AM »
I have 1 hdd/4 partitions:

1) win7
2) lion
3) data
4) 100mb win (efi) partition

I hid the efi partition from chameleon using the bootflag in the boot plist.
I hid the data partition from chameleon as well using the same method.

This achieved what I wanted to accomplish.

The final task is figuring out what the apple logo doesn't change. 
It appears to me to be stock: slightly off white background and flat 2D apple logo
Is this caused by the build of chameleon used?  I'd love to have it be gloss white with deep black apple logo.

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 05:45:28 AM »
I believe there was/still is? A flag that enabled the classic  boot icon. Maybe in your case it's always on? Perhaps adding the flag and setting it to "no" might be worth a shot, otherwise I suppose it could be a problem with that particular revision of Cham? Not sure.