Author Topic: OS X boots but does not show GUI - works fine with boot-132 cd  (Read 4560 times)

Petroy

Hello,

I have a big problem. I have been following munky’s guide on how to install the EFI bootloader to use a vanilla install of Mac OS X on my hackintosh. Before, I have succeeded in making my own Boot-132 cd for my AMD machine using hecker’s guide on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140683 .
The installation of chameleon RC1 on my EFI partition worked fine. But during boot, when it should load the Aqua interface, nothing happens. There is also no message about the “LoginWindowApplication” printed on the screen.
Using my boot-132, everything works fine.

I have tried to boot up without any kexts which did not work because I need the AppleNForceATA.kext for my hard drive. I have also tried to boot up only with this single kext, and also with this one and with my video driver (NVinject) but the GUI does not show up either. I have exactly the same kexts on my boot-132 cd and it works fine with that.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 4000+, an nForce based motherboard and I’m using the Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0

Could there be a bug in the bootloader that causes this problem?
I have had some contact to hecker, the creator of the AMD guide. The correspondence can be found at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140683&pid=1121273&mode=threaded&start=#entry1121273
maybe it’s useful.

Petroy

Re: OS X boots but does not show GUI - works fine with boot-132 cd
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »
Here's the output. I hope it helps.
I'm looking forward to the final Chameleon release!

Terc

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
Julian, it appears to me as though you've got some other issues.
I can't be certain, but this doesn't look like it's a bug in Chameleon.  Clearly, you've booted, but it seems that you're having some issue with loading kernel extensions.

Obviously, a boot-132 cd would work since it includes all the kernel extensions in a mkext (it doesn't read them from your hard drive).

I think you might find better help on insanelymac forums.

Petroy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
Thank you very much for your answer. I have opened a thread at the Insanelymac forum.

khaitu

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
I have exactly the same problem. Leopard boots perfectly from Boot 123 but not from Chameleon. I have just updated to 10.5.7 which may be the problem. I notice that AppleTyMCEDriver detects my system correctly with Chameleon though, while Boot 123 does not. Perhaps this is the source of the problem, though I would hope that a new release of Chameleon will fix this problem.