Author Topic: Hiding unwanted partitions in the boot menu....really this time :)  (Read 3229 times)

Macslap

• Entrant
Stop teasing us :D

Sorry guys but this feature taint wirkin'. I'm using the most up to date version of Chameleon (Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684) and the hide partition command doesn't work.

I've checked my disk numbers using the diskutil list command and it all lines up to what I've specified in my com.apple.Boot.plist file.

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Hiding unwanted partitions in the boot menu....really this time :)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
It works fine for me. I have two hard drives and can hide partitions on both.

Does the drive order listed by diskutil list match with the drive order set in the BIOS?
And does the drive order set in the BIOS match the physical arrangement of the drives?

Consider that to Chameleon, the drive it is installed on is always disk0, no matter what's stated anywhere else.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:58:51 PM by Gringo Vermelho »
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

zef

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
I've checked my disk numbers using the diskutil list command and it all lines up to what I've specified in my com.apple.Boot.plist file.

Check your disk numbers by switching Chameleon into text mode (press the TAB key). That's your current BIOS driver order and usually will be different compared to the Mac OS disk order.
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | i5-2500k | 16GB RAM | GTX560 | Keyboard | Mouse | Devilsound DAC

Drule

• Observer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
Would it be possible to add an option to hide partitions by their UUID (which can be found in the INFO dialog from diskutil). I realize this would not work for NTFS and FAT partitions, but it would be convenient for those only working with HFS+ partitions.

This would save me having to go into boot.plist and trying to figure out what partition is hd(n,n) each time I add or delete a partition, or plug a drive into a different port which results in the assigning of different disk and partition numbers.

Drule

• Observer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:36:46 AM »
Never mind, I just located the thread talking about this. Sorry.