overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [REQUEST] Lion Login Screen Theme  (Read 30111 times)

Windows04

[REQUEST] Lion Login Screen Theme
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »
It would be really nice if somebody could make a theme based on the new Lion Login Screen. What I mean by that is getting a theme that looks like this.

I'm pretty much a "noob" at creating themes or even photoshop for that matter, but I do have found some backgrounds that you could use if you want to start creating this theme:

You could use this one or (if you want to replace apple with chameleon logo) you could also use this one.

Then as a countdown, maybe something black (like the apple logo in the first background)?

So, well, its just an idea, but i think it would be really awesome to have the same OS selection as login screen when Lion comes out this July!

Is anyone interested in making this?

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: [REQUEST] Lion Login Screen Theme
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »
Interesting idea and yes I could do this for you, but not straightaway though.
With current Lion developer preview (11A494a) though, I see a flat grey screen like this one http://tinyurl.com/5vcgqv8 for login.
If you want a theme to match Apple's login screen, shall we wait until Lion is released incase they change it again?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:04:18 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

Windows04

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »
Yeah of course, always better to wait until it's final ;). What's weird though, is that you still have the flat grey screen while running the latest lion developer build... Sure you've updated to the latest build (check software update!) because everyone got the grey screen when they updated to the latest build via Software Update (this was AFTER wwdc).

Also, I don't think you can get a lot of images/information from Lion's system files because Lion takes the square login pictures and applies the circle only afterwards (so no standard circle login pictures)... And also the grey background isn't at the normal place where all previous login backgrounds were (so in /System/Library/Coreservices as the login background is different from the standard desktop background in Lion).

Hope this information helps you further ;).

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:50:29 PM »
You're right.. That'll teach me to have different versions of the 10.7 developer preview installed  :P.
Even though I have 11A494a installed, I've been using  a fresh install of 11A480b recently for trials.

As for the actual graphic files, I'm sure we can get by with the background and a few other mockups.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:52:48 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

Windows04

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:37:13 AM »
Thanks in advance ;)

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 06:14:04 AM »
I too thought of making something similar, the fabric background is just so easy on the eyes. I could easily whip up a simple one... hmm =P

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
I could easily whip up a simple one... hmm =P
I haven't started with this yet, so if you are going to do it then please do (and let me know so we don't end up doing the same  :P )

onecubeowner

• Observer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »
I could easily whip up a simple one... hmm =P
I haven't started with this yet, so if you are going to do it then please do (and let me know so we don't end up doing the same  :P )

I was wondering whether a theme based upon Lion's login screen existed and I stumbled across this thread. I read Blackosx's write up on creating a theme. Although it was a good write up, being that I'm not a graphic designer I understood little of it. I did find the textured files used as background in Lion and I've attached the two png files. I couldn't locate the circles though.  :(

Blackosx or Enzo please build it.

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 10:15:34 AM »
The more I look at those Login screenshots, the more I like it, I want to make it look as close to that as possible. Should be easy, except maybe for the circle frame, would be nice to find the resource ;-), but I can't even find a full sized shot so I can get a good look at it to re-create it.

Nevertheless, I'll get started on this soon =P.

Edit: Found a good ss, and a good resource ;-). Should have a mockup soon.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:53:55 AM by Enzo »

onecubeowner

• Observer
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »
The more I look at those Login screenshots, the more I like it, I want to make it look as close to that as possible. Should be easy, except maybe for the circle frame, would be nice to find the resource ;-), but I can't even find a full sized shot so I can get a good look at it to re-create it.

Nevertheless, I'll get started on this soon =P.

Edit: Found a good ss, and a good resource ;-). Should have a mockup soon.

Great!  :)

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »
Great!  :)

Simple Mockup up at my "WIP" thread: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,1981.0.html

On another note, I realized the background images are off, using a stretched out pattern, and didn't adjust for gamma for the theme files... Will work on this tomorrow, so maybe I'll finish it up then.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:54:27 AM by Enzo »