Chameleon > DevTalk

ATI/AMD GraphicsEnabler support (legacy, modules & missing devices)!

<< < (3/39) > >>

Azimutz:
Hi Akbar... sorry for the delay, but as you saw i got pretty busy and frustrated with this ATI stuff.
Let's see... i'm a bit confused with your post; i don't know if you are using ATY_init, Chameleon or both?! :)
I never used ATY_init so, i don't know how it needs to be set up. What i understand is that:
- with the booter and GraphicsEnabler you have the sleep problem
- with ATY_init no sleep problem
Is this it?

akbar102:
hi azimutz.ya i now your the only man that remain in ati scene in chameleon .
before 10.6.8 update i am used the chameleon graphic enabler and it was ok.
but after 10.6.8 update i get a problem chameleon inject my device and my system boot correct with qe/ci but after my system going to sleep or my display  turn off by system after wake up from sleep or turn on my display  my screen goes scrambled(screen is full of garbage's color).
so currently i am booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and using ATY_Init.kext for device injection and with this kext dont have chameleon problem .
i am try to add missing entry from ioreg with ATY_Init to ati.c and compile it but nothing change.
in 10.6.7 i must binpatch ATIFrameBuffer.kext with custom personailty for shrike buffer(bbc9 and mucha guide) but in 10.6.8 and lion this personality for framebuffer transfered to ATI4600Controller.kext.
i think this is the source of problem with chameleon may be when system goes to sleep it forget my custom personality and look for it in Atiframebuffer but it transferred to ATI4600controller and when it cant find it use the default value that my screen with out binpatch is scrambled too.
thanks for your help

--- Quote ---i am in mac os x lion and add my device id to ati.c:
{ 0x9480, 0x3628103C,   CHIP_FAMILY_RV730,       "ATI Radeon HD 4650M", kShrike       },
but every time i am booting i get a black screen that come after a gray screen and nothing else.
my system is: hp dv6_1125
ati mobility radeon hd 4650   10029480  -3628103c
also with legacy ati from chazi i can get mu graphic work but after sleep or display dim
my screen goes scrambled. (i am mod shrike frambuffer personality)
--- End quote ---

Reason for edit: adding info posted on issue 116.

Azimutz:
Hi Akbar,
hopefully i'm not the only one, or we are in big trouble ;D
Ok, let's see:
1 - on 10.6.7 GraphicsEnabler (GE) worked fine; legacy or new code?
2 - on 10.6.8 GE still fine, but sleep, etc... problems; legacy or new code?
3 - on Lion black screen with GE; legacy or new code?
4 - with ati_init all fine; on 10.6.7, 10.6.8 or Lion? all?
5 - the ioreg you posted, was with ati_init or Chameleon? If Chameleon, legacy or new code?
Answer the questions using the numbering as reference; don't "improvise", be direct!
Your English is confusing me. :P You can improvise after answering.

--- Quote ---i think this is the source of problem with chameleon may be when system goes to sleep it forget my custom personality and look for it in Atiframebuffer (FB) but it transferred to ATI4600controller and when it cant find it use the default value that my screen with out binpatch is scrambled too.
--- End quote ---
Not possible! The FB's changed from ATIFramebuffer.kext to the Controller kexts on 10.6.8 and Lion.
The system knows were they are.

Some info: Shrike is indeed a good framebuffer for your card, but you can also use Gliff; same connectors as Shrike.
On the legacy code, Peregrine is the FB used for your dev id, but that one is gone on 10.6.8/Lion.

See ya later...

p.s.: just noticed; according to your rom (extracted from ioreg), the subsys id you're adding is wrong;
       it should be 3629; maybe that's your problem!? ;)

akbar102:
hi azimutz first sorry for my bad english:
1:in 10.6.7 GE work fine with legacy(with new code always give me a black screen-also change 3628 to 3629 but black screen)
2-in 10.6.8 GE legacy fine except sleep...
3-on lion GE legacy is fine except sleep ...(new code never work for me)
4-with ATY_Init work fine with 10.6.7,10.6.8 and lion without any problem
5-the ioreg is with ATY_Init
----i am try Gliff also it work but have sleep problem like Shrike.
thanks for your help
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with new code in boot screen i can see that say the card posted and show the ram as 1024 mb that is correct the only problem is in last step that my screen goes gray and black with backlight.
this is my dsdt.
http://up.iranblog.com/images/4cr0no4d1e56hzgddmk.zip
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is device and subsystem id from win7:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9480&SUBSYS_3628103C&REV_00

Azimutz:
Hi Akbar, sorry for leaving you waiting on irc and don't excuse for your English, mine is not perfect too :P
Thanks for the feedback; it's more clear now. Strange windows showing the subsys id as 3628; on the rom
i extracted from your ioreg is 3629; but the rom looks weird to me... can you extract it under windows and post?

Another bit of info; the card's chipset is M96; RV730 is old stuff. This info comes from the device ids list
published by AMD; but this is not important for the code or problem.

Weird that the legacy code is working fine for you on 10.6.8 and Lion; the framebuffer that's used (Peregrine)
doesn't show anymore; did you edited the FB on the legacy code?
The new code seems to be working fine; you probably are having a connector problem; try to see if you are logged in,
or if you can login and get the ioreg; you can do it blindly :P or if you have the means, VPN into the machine and then
you can see what's going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version