Chameleon > DevTalk

ATI/AMD GraphicsEnabler support (legacy, modules & missing devices)!

<< < (32/39) > >>

ophtha72:
Hi, Azimutz

I am struggling to install ATI firepro V9800, which is identical to HD5870 eyefinity6 except memory size(4GB).It has 6 mini-displayport output.

device ID and subsystem ID is as follows.

0f:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:688a] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:031e]

I added this ID to ATI.C by myself and compiled to get new boot file.
For framebuffer, I did not specified one but set to "Knull".
When booting procedure goes with -V, there displays "Unsupported card!" but it normally boots with default resolution of 1600x1200, which should have been 1920x1200. I can not change screen resolution. When I type "ioreg | grep ATY", nothing happens. In system profiler, Vram is displayed as only 7MB. 

So, I changed default framebuffer in ati.c into "Zonalis(kZonalis)" and compiled to get another boot file. When it boots with -V, bootloader recognizes V9800 almost normally except Vram(0MB). However, even after booting procedure ends, nothing displays in monitor at all.

What can I do next?

Zane:
@optha72

If you set the value to kNull you obviously will get "Unsupported card!". Azi has mentioned this a number of times in this whole thread that a Framebuffer MUST be set if it's "kNull" or else you will get "Unsupported card!" On another hand. I have the same issue with you as Vram becomes only 7mb when the Framebuffer Kext isn't loaded. Try

--- Code: ---kextstat

--- End code ---

in terminal instead to see what kext's are loaded. I am pretty sure the Framebuffer Kext didn't get loaded. Something i'm not sure why since i believe that even though the Framebuffer Kext isn't loaded, a Framebuffer MUST be set to get display?

You can test all the Framebuffers available or you can follow what i did below and see if that works for you.

--- Code: ---Alopias
Alouatta
Baboon
Cardinal
Caretta
Colobus
Douc
Eulemur
Flicker
Galago
Gliff
Hoolock
Hypoprion
Iago
Kakapo
Kipunji
Lamna
Langur
Megalodon
Motmot
Nomascus
Orangutan
Peregrine
Quail
Raven
Shrike
Sphyrna
Triakis
Uakari
Vervet
Zonalis
Pithecia
Bulrushes
Cattail
Hydrilla
Duckweed
Fanwort
Elodea
Kudzu
Gibba
Lotus
Ipomoea
Mangabey
Muskgrass
Juncus

--- End code ---

Interesting that your vram is detected as 0mb. Not too sure about that.

One more thing, you also don't have to compile the boot file everytime you want to change Framebuffer, just use AtiConfig=Framebufferhere on boot to "select" a different Framebuffer.

ophtha72:
Thank you for your kind post, Zane.

--- Quote from: Zane on September 15, 2011, 03:26:00 PM ---
You can test all the Framebuffers available or you can follow what i did below and see if that works for you.

--- Code: ---Alopias
Alouatta
Baboon
Cardinal
Caretta
Colobus
Douc
Eulemur
Flicker
Galago
Gliff
Hoolock
Hypoprion
Iago
Kakapo
Kipunji
Lamna
Langur
Megalodon
Motmot
Nomascus
Orangutan
Peregrine
Quail
Raven
Shrike
Sphyrna
Triakis
Uakari
Vervet
Zonalis
Pithecia
Bulrushes
Cattail
Hydrilla
Duckweed
Fanwort
Elodea
Kudzu
Gibba
Lotus
Ipomoea
Mangabey
Muskgrass
Juncus

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

The reason why I selected "Zonalis" framebuffer was that "Zonalis" is the only framebuffer which has 6 display output.
The other framebuffer which has also 6 display output is "Bulrushes" but it is the one for ATI 6000 series not for 5000 series.
As I mentioned, V9800 has 6 mini-displayport output and HD5870 eyefinity6(which has identical 6 mini-displayport output as V9800) uses "Zonalis" framebuffer usually.
Can I try other framebuffer which is the one for three to five display output?
Or can I try "Bulrushes" framebuffer which is one for 6000 series?
V9800 has same cypress chipset as ATI HD5870.

The name, number of output and kind of output of framebuffers is as follows.

{"Colobus",   2}, // 5000 - lvds, dp
{"Douc",   2}, // 5000 - lvds, dp
{"Eulemur",   3}, // 5000 - dvi-i dl, hdmi, vga
{"Galago",   2}, // 5000 - lvds, dp
{"Hoolock",   3}, // 5000 - dp, dp, dvi-i dl
{"Langur",   3}, // 5000 - dp, dp, dvi-i dl
{"Nomascus",   5}, // 5000 - lvds, lvds, dp, dp
{"Orangutan",   2}, // 5000 - lvds, dp
{"Uakari",   4}, // 5000 - dp, dvi-i dl, dvi-i sl, hdmi
{"Vervet",   4}, // 5000 - dp, dvi-i dl, dvi-i sl, hdmi
{"Alouatta",   4}, // 5000 - lvds, dp, dp, dp
{"Baboon",   3}, // 5000 - dvi-i dl, hdmi, vga
{"Zonalis",   6}, // 5000 - dp, dp, dp, dp, dp, dp
{"Mangabey",   2}, // 5000 - lvds, dp

Zane:
Actually i'm not too sure how Framebuffer works since the laptop i have has only 2 ports.
One internal and one HDMI as you can see from above about my ATI Rom Decoded.
One of them is LVDS and the other is HDMI.
However, the Hoolock framebuffer works in OS X 10.7.1 and according to the Hoolock framebuffer it's supposed to be " dp, dp, dvi-i dl" 3 ports.
Interestingly no relation to my Laptop at all. But Hoolock is definitely the wrong framebuffer for my card.

I'll let Azi explain to us how the framebuffer actually works incase i missed out on reading something in this whole thread.

EDIT: Also, you might want to try the EDID Fix to see if that works for you. Interestingly it works for me.

Azimutz:
Hi people, i'm back... i think :P

--- Quote from: ophtha72 on August 30, 2011, 04:48:07 PM ---I gave up installing V4800 in hacintosh.
Instead, I got new fire pro graphic controller, V9800. ...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ophtha72 on September 15, 2011, 02:56:49 PM ---I am struggling to install ATI firepro V9800, which is identical to HD5870 eyefinity6 except memory size(4GB).It has 6 mini-displayport output. ...

--- End quote ---
ophtha72, you just stabbed me in the heart :( after all we talked, you give up on a supported device id
for a non supported one?!... you better get another card :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version