Chameleon > DevTalk

ATI/AMD GraphicsEnabler support (legacy, modules & missing devices)!

<< < (33/39) > >>

Azimutz:

--- Quote from: Zane on September 15, 2011, 08:15:51 PM ---Actually i'm not too sure how Framebuffer works since the laptop i have has only 2 ports.
One internal and one HDMI as you can see from above about my ATI Rom Decoded.
One of them is LVDS and the other is HDMI.
However, the Hoolock framebuffer works in OS X 10.7.1 and according to the Hoolock framebuffer it's supposed to be " dp, dp, dvi-i dl" 3 ports.
Interestingly no relation to my Laptop at all. But Hoolock is definitely the wrong framebuffer for my card.

I'll let Azi explain to us how the framebuffer actually works incase i missed out on reading something in this whole thread.

EDIT: Also, you might want to try the EDID Fix to see if that works for you. Interestingly it works for me.

--- End quote ---
Hi Zane... i would love to explain you guys how this fb/ports stuff works, but none of this makes any sense to me...
that is, i have some "theories" but not solid ones.
Indeed, Hoolock doesn't seem the fb for your card, but i've seen weirder; can you try Langur?
Does, hdmi also work with Hoolock?
Also, can you post a bdmesg/ioreg with the card working? :P

ophtha72:
Hi, Azimutz
Welcome back!! :)

--- Quote from: Azimutz on September 16, 2011, 02:19:30 PM ---ophtha72, you just stabbed me in the heart :( after all we talked, you give up on a supported device id
for a non supported one?!... you better get another card :)

--- End quote ---

I am so sorry but that V4800 was not mine but was what I borrowed from my friend.
Because he wanted to get back, I could not try any more.
He said that he could borrow once more about a month later, so I will try once more at that time.
I really appreciate your help and support for me.

By the way, do you have any idea for V9800?
Many HD5870 eyefinity6 users reports that it works successfully with zonalis framebuffer in hackintoch.
The difference between HD5870 and V9800 is only memory size.(2GB in 5870 vs 4GB in V9800)
I don't understand that why V9800 does not work even after I added device IDs to ATI.c.
Here I attached the boot file which I compiled.( I renamed it with boot-kNull.)
Can you check the boot file for me?
I need your advice.

Zane:

--- Quote from: Azimutz on September 16, 2011, 04:05:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zane on September 15, 2011, 08:15:51 PM ---Actually i'm not too sure how Framebuffer works since the laptop i have has only 2 ports.
One internal and one HDMI as you can see from above about my ATI Rom Decoded.
One of them is LVDS and the other is HDMI.
However, the Hoolock framebuffer works in OS X 10.7.1 and according to the Hoolock framebuffer it's supposed to be " dp, dp, dvi-i dl" 3 ports.
Interestingly no relation to my Laptop at all. But Hoolock is definitely the wrong framebuffer for my card.

I'll let Azi explain to us how the framebuffer actually works incase i missed out on reading something in this whole thread.

EDIT: Also, you might want to try the EDID Fix to see if that works for you. Interestingly it works for me.

--- End quote ---
Hi Zane... i would love to explain you guys how this fb/ports stuff works, but none of this makes any sense to me...
that is, i have some "theories" but not solid ones.
Indeed, Hoolock doesn't seem the fb for your card, but i've seen weirder; can you try Langur?
Does, hdmi also work with Hoolock?
Also, can you post a bdmesg/ioreg with the card working? :P

--- End quote ---

Done. Used Hoolock. HDMI does not work with Hoolock. One thing to note is that i get a scrambled screen for 1 second before it goes back to proper almost everytime OS X boots. Uploaded the bdmesg and ioreg for both Hoolock and Langur.

Azimutz:

--- Quote from: ophtha72 on September 16, 2011, 04:43:53 PM ---I am so sorry but that V4800 was not mine but was what I borrowed from my friend.
Because he wanted to get back, I could not try any more. ...

--- End quote ---
aah... ok, in that case the "stab wound" is healed ;D

--- Quote from: ophtha72 on September 16, 2011, 04:43:53 PM ---By the way, do you have any idea for V9800?
Many HD5870 eyefinity6 users reports that it works successfully...
I don't understand that why V9800 does not work even after I added device IDs to ATI.c.
I need your advice.

--- End quote ---
Let's see if i can explain... Apple's drivers only work with the device ids used by Apple's hardware,
the ones you can find on the info.plist inside the kexts. When the card's dev id is not supported, the only way
to make the drivers work, is by "injecting" the card's device id; this is usually done by editing the driver manually
(e.g. bin patch, plist edit), using another kext (e.g. injector), a kext patcher (e.g. booter module), etc...
Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler is no "injector", contrary to what many people think, and that's why you can't make
e.g. 688a work just by adding the cards info to GE's code; all GE does is write/pass some values to ioreg device tree,
that the drivers expect to find, similar to what can be done with DSDT editing.
Is it more clear now?

Advice... honestly, i don't know. Bin patching the driver is out of question for me, i don't have what it takes,
but theoretically it should work; 6888 is very close to your's

--- Code: ---{“    ATI FirePro V8800 (FireGL) Graphics Adapter    ,    EvergreenGL    ,    6888    “}
{“    ATI FirePro V9800 (FireGL) Graphics Adapter    ,    EvergreenGL    ,    688A    “}
--- End code ---
and it's a supported dev id, so there's probably support for your card in the drivers?!
I also don't know about other patches... maybe Netkas?! check his forum...
Also, your card is pretty recent; there's always the chance of becoming supported :)

--- Quote from: brandonb21 on September 05, 2011, 05:04:36 PM ---did i give you enough info for my card?

--- End quote ---
Hi brandonb21... yep, info is enough, but the talk above also applies to you.
RadeonX1000 can still be bin patched successfully, not sure if it's worth trying, though?!

Azimutz:

--- Quote from: Zane on September 16, 2011, 09:02:41 PM ---Done. Used Hoolock. HDMI does not work with Hoolock. One thing to note is that i get a scrambled screen for 1 second before it goes back to proper almost everytime OS X boots. Uploaded the bdmesg and ioreg for both Hoolock and Langur.

--- End quote ---
Zane, those ioreg's are useless :P use

--- Code: ---ioreg -lfw0
--- End code ---
bdmesg looks ok; just confirm me something...
If you boot without e.g. AtiConfig=Hoolock do you get Nomascus framebuffer?
And the subsys id/ven is correct?

Still, would like to take a look at ioregs...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version