Chameleon > DevTalk

ATI/AMD GraphicsEnabler support (legacy, modules & missing devices)!

<< < (35/39) > >>

ophtha72:
Hi, Azimutz,

Can I ask you a basic question?

When I type "./gfxutil -f display" in terminal, it displays as follows.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Then, what is the correct PciRootUID value? 0 or 3?

Interestingly, whatever I choose 0 or 1 or 3 in "PciRootUID=X" at the boot option, it boots normally.

No one describes exactly what "PciRootUID" means. (I searched through google extensively, but I did not find.)

What does the "PciRootUID" mean?

Zane:
I believe UID = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_identifier

PCIRootUID is probably the choosing of which "slot" your graphic card is. For example, if i have slots 0, 1 and 2 and if Chameleon is unable to find or boot correctly then you would have to manually specify PCIRootUID=0,1 or 2.

Thats what i think it does anyway.

The other question, i shall let Azi reply you.

Enzo:
Greetings Azimuts,

So I'm sort of in a testing phase with Lion, I updated to 10.7.1 quickly so I don't know if it was that update that started causing this, but every now and then the computer boots with a black screen. This is after the first grey screen, when the screen turns black then the drivers kick in I assume, and another gray screen comes on before the desktop appears. So in these cases, the display stays black, backlight is on. I believe others have had the same issue with similar cards, one apparently fixed it just by setting native res in the boot.plist, which I already do. System is booted, just no image during the black screen. One workaround is to sleep the system then wake. The image comes back then.

Should I be trying different framebuffers?

I am running an HD5750 with device ID 68BE added to the ATI5xxx kext and graphicsenabler=yes. Updated to Cham 2 RC5 Build 1174 to install Lion. Previously was on Kabyls build 700 for ATI support, enabled the exact same way, and that worked perfectly.

dodikdisko:
Hey Azimuts,

ive been trying to make my Graphics work for 3 days now and failed that far.

I have the same card as this one:
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/89/

Last thing i was trying was downloading the "i386_1515.zip", added the AMDGraphicsEnabler.dylib to the modules folder and im also usind the "boot" file from the zip above.

if i start with GraphicsEnabler=Yes it will hang up with the line:
"Resetting IOCatalogue."

im not sure what to try next (find other kext, learn to compile my own...), may be you could give me a hint?

ps: a have Lion 10.7.1 if it matters

alycann:
Hey guys.
I have ati 5470 1GB with 10.7.2 on my laptop is Asus K52JR
I created EDID file for resouliton . My display is Internal LVD Force EDID.
I'm using GraphicsEnabler
I have QE/CI and correct resouliton.
but it is 16 bit.
I have colour bandings. How Can I enable 32bit (24bit)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version