Chameleon > DevTalk

ATI/AMD GraphicsEnabler support (legacy, modules & missing devices)!

<< < (2/39) > >>

darles:
No luck - just black screen (tried, x32 and x64 modes, -x, -f) :/ After reinstall, now, with RadeonHD.kext everything is working (even QE!!!) :)

Azimutz:
Theoretically it should work; dev id is present on both ATIRadeonX1000 and ATI1600Controller; framebuffer is Wormy which is specific to laptops (lvds and dvi connectors)... unless lvds is not the first connector, i don't know why you get black screen :P

As i mentioned on RadeonHD topic, it worked for me with Megalodon fb ( < 10.6.8 ) and works now with Caretta, with respective patches to ATIRadeonX1000 and ATI1300Controller.
Thanks for testing, anyway.

darles:
Maybe it's because of EDID? Because radeonhd also don't work without manual seting. Is it possibke to integrate EDID in this module?

akbar102:
hi azimuth this my info and working frambuffer:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650:

Name:   ATY,Shrike
  Type:   Display Controller
  Driver Installed:   Yes
  MSI:   Yes
  Bus:   PCI
  Slot:   Slot-1
  Vendor ID:   0x1002
  Device ID:   0x9480
  Subsystem Vendor ID:   0x103c
  Subsystem ID:   0x3628
  Revision ID:   0x0000
  Link Width:   x16
  Link Speed:   2.5 GT/
but the one problem come with 10.6.8 an lion when i booting with graphic enabler after laptop goes to sleep then wakeup my display goes scrambled .i am currenty using ATI_Init.kext and don't have this problem with this kext.
this is my ioreg with ATY_Init.kext that work:
http://up.iranblog.com/images/3vqt2kx9kpmt8ivyv4vm.zip
thanks for your work

Azimutz:

--- Quote from: darles on July 10, 2011, 08:20:01 PM ---Maybe it's because of EDID? Because radeonhd also don't work without manual seting. Is it possibke to integrate EDID in this module?

--- End quote ---
Sorry for the delay, Darles. I don't think it's a matter of edid but... i don't see any edid info on Mac's dumps (yes there is!),
but i did read around that if the display doesn't send edid info, kaput :P It's possible to inject edid info, but were to?!
Can you send me or post your ioreg?
Wormy is a weird framebuffer... i got this nice dump from a MacBookPro1,1 which even contains a dump of
the cards ROM; analyzing it with radeon_bios_decode i get:

--- Code: ---PCI ID: 1002:71c5
Connector at index 0 type: DVI-I
Connector at index 1 type: LVDS
Connector at index 2 type: Composite
Connector at index 3 type: DVI-I
Connector at index 4 type: VGA
Connector at index 7 type: DVI-I
--- End code ---
notice that the first port is dvi-i; however, on the framebuffer the first is lvds??
And on the ioreg everything matches, 2 connectors, lvds and dvi-i :P weird stuff.
One thing i'm sure, if you didn't got a kp there's still hope; Wormy always gave me kp and instant reboot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version