overdue-scratch

Author Topic: ALC883 on ASUS P5N-D  (Read 2994 times)

BossMafia

• Entrant
ALC883 on ASUS P5N-D
« on: July 13, 2011, 10:48:54 AM »
Hey everyone,
I've been having quite the time trying to perfect the audio on my rig here. Right now I'm using the latest voodooHDA kext, 2.7.2, and most everything is working and displaying beautifully. I had a bit of that static, which I fixed by changing the input gain to 0. The last thing that's bugging me is the full 5.1 surround sound. It's not available in sound config, so I pulled the codec and was about to go crazy adding pinconfigs to the NodesToPatch section but I'm not sure that's the way to do it.
I guess in the end I have two questions. The first one is: Just how many pinconfigs do I need to add to the Info.plist? All of them, or just the missing ones? The second one is: I read that Apple doesn't support multichannel from analog output. I've patched my DSDT for HDEF, however I did not add any pinconfigs to it. If I were to add the pinconfigs to the Info.plist, since I have HDEF patched in my DSDT, would I use the sequence number? And if not, how would I let voodooHDA know that the jacks are in a set?

Thanks everyone for your time!