overdue-scratch

Author Topic: VoodooHDA 2.7.2 shows proper outputs in voodoo prefpane, but not in sound pane  (Read 6793 times)

gmcbpi

• Entrant
Hello, I have an AMD hackintosh running 10.6.8 with an ALC889a audio and Radeon HD 5770 w/HDMI. I installed VoodooHDA 2.7.2... Problem is, the regular sound panel only shows the hdmi for output, spdif  and headphones (green front)... The voodoo prefpane shows all of the outputs, including the lineout from the back of my computer that I am using... Since the apple sound prefpane doesn't show the green line out in the back, no sound comes out. I tried using the device ids of both devices to try to fix it, but that didn't work. Since I also have an HDMI port on the motherboard, I also think voodoohda is getting confused by this as well. The only version that I tried that worked was the one found here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355&st=800&p=13953&#entry13953, but the audio is slow and choppy... How would I fix that?

gmcbpi

• Entrant
Never mind.. Found that one kext to fix that issue... Fixed slow audio by vectorizing the audio....Now all is perfect.

DragonZeal

• Entrant
Hello,

Could you tell me which kext you used for solving your audio problems?
I also have an AMD Hackintosh with 889a codec and have an HD4850 videocard.

Thanks