Author Topic: [Theme] LoginToLion  (Read 152023 times)

try_catch

• Entrant
Re: [Theme] LoginToLion
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:38 AM »
Very beautiful .thanks!

7ender

• Entrant
    • InMac.org
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »
Awesome theme! Thanks a lot!

Is someone here, who can help to find for me the right values for this theme?
I've got GT 9800 with 1920*1080 by DVI & max. VESA 1280*800

thank you.
MSI P45D3 Neo-F LGA775 P45 ICH10 || Intel® Core™2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz || WD 750Gb SATA || DDR3 1333MHz 4Gb
GeForce 9800 GT 512Mb || RTL8169 || GetNet GN-531U RT2870 USB || ALC888 || CD/DVD-RW: ASUS SATA

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
@7ender
Well if it supports a max of 1280x800, then maybe you can try just setting 1280x800 in Cham's boot.plist and swapping out the background image with the one that's 1280x800.

7ender

• Entrant
    • InMac.org
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 12:55:32 PM »
@7ender
Well if it supports a max of 1280x800, then maybe you can try just setting 1280x800 in Cham's boot.plist and swapping out the background image with the one that's 1280x800.

YES!!   :) :) :)

Thank You Enzo! Now the theme looks properly!
MSI P45D3 Neo-F LGA775 P45 ICH10 || Intel® Core™2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz || WD 750Gb SATA || DDR3 1333MHz 4Gb
GeForce 9800 GT 512Mb || RTL8169 || GetNet GN-531U RT2870 USB || ALC888 || CD/DVD-RW: ASUS SATA

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
Plz...change the boot photo of windows...flower no...logo windows 7 yes !!!
Congratulations...amazing theme!!!
Whoops, missed this post. Well, perhaps you can give the PSD a whirl? =P Either that or wait for me to make a set =P.

maxrealqnx

• Entrant
    • http://maxrealqnx.winbuilder.net
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
Plz...change the boot photo of windows...flower no...logo windows 7 yes !!!
Congratulations...amazing theme!!!
Whoops, missed this post. Well, perhaps you can give the PSD a whirl? =P Either that or wait for me to make a set =P.

Hi guys  ;)

I would like to offer you an alternative. I hope you enjoy it. Best regards  :P

http://maxrealqnx.winbuilder.net/Temp/ALTERNATES.zip

yingmingliang

• Entrant
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 01:52:16 AM »
oh my god ,,i cant download....tell me why

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 02:25:54 AM »
oh my god ,,i cant download....tell me why
Not even the mirror?

JavaKrypt

• Entrant
    • JavaKrypt
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
Very nice, but the text in the top left corner is very huge. Would be nicer if it was smaller.

nesnfsn

• Observer
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2011, 06:02:52 PM »
Swapped out a Galaxy GTS 250 nVidia based 512MB video card for an HIS 6570 Radeon based 1GB video card (with heatsink and fanless - QUIET as a field mouse).

Computer posts, see initial bootloader rotating slash marks for cursor, then black screen until OS X 10.6.8 loads. Have no opportunity to select from amongst various operating systems, including OS X 10.6.8, OS X 10.7.1, or Ultimate Edition Linux 2.9 64 OS.

Changed background screens from alternative backgrounds offered by Enzo, no difference. Still get black screen after posting but before OS X 10.6.8 loads. Can anyone provide me some guidance as to any other setting changes I need to make in order to have opportunity to select form OS's or to add boot flag options (-v, -f, -x, etc.)

Appreciate any help.

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »
That is strange nesnfsn,
Even if it were using a resolution that the card didn't agree with, Cham should still default to 1024x768, making it usable. Aside from maybe trying a different res in your boot.plist, I dunno what it could be.

nesnfsn

• Observer
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 01:00:02 AM »
Enzo, thanks for the thoughts. It makes no difference.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the install which was done with an nVidia based video card (Galaxy GTS 250) now using an ATI based HIS HD 6570 video card? Not sure this is relevant, but can't figure out any other reasons that make any sense for this situation. Video card working fine, QE/CI with Front Row and Dashboard. System Profiler shows 1920x1080@60 Hz, Vendor, Device ID and Revision ID.

So that this is clear, I can see the computer when it is going through the initial POST process, then the cursor appears in the top left corner of the screen, turning, then.... BLACK SCREEN. No video until all of a sudden, blue background, then a mere few seconds later, I see my OS X 10.6.8 background (wallpaper) and then top menu bar and dock.

I had even tried running Chameleon Wizard and updated to newer build of Chameleon. No change. I hope that someone can make sense of this for me so that I can get it running. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:20:17 PM by nesnfsn »

nesnfsn

• Observer
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »
Okay, HiS 6570 card died, and I have replaced it with a fanless Powercolor 6850. Also, working in Lion 10.7.2, and not SL anymore. Card is recognized automagically by Lion with 1920x1200x32 resolution, all memory. However, only 1 display port (DVI using the VGA adapter) recognized, not the 4 listed when first using SL (2 DVIs, 1 DP, and 1 HDMI).

Using latest Chameleon 16xx something, I had installed LoginToLion, and upon reboot, I see the BIOS post, then the cursor appears turning in the upper left corner of the screen, then nothing, complete blackness and a message about something Unsupported. I proceeded to click on the Enter key twice, and my computer ended up at the main Lion screen.

I then experimented by changing from the LoginToLion theme created by Enzo to the post-installation Default theme that comes from Nawcom's ModCD. I proceeded to reboot the computer, and I see (1) the BIOS posting, (2) the initial Chameleon screen, (3) Chameleon's device selection screen, (4) then my Hackintosh loads with the Apple logo on screen, then flashes and moves to far right of screen, then flashes again, and I logo on right side of screen, but black horizontal bars everywhere. Finally, I see a smaller gray Apple logo in the center of an off-white background, and nearly immediately afterward, voila, (5) Lion's desktop appears on my screen.

I then further experimented by replacing that Default theme with the Different theme found in Theme Park here, and I observe steps (1), (2), (3) and (5) mentioned in the preceding paragraph.

Any ideas why I cannot see steps (1), (2), (3) and (4) using the LoginToLion theme, and why I cannot see step (4) with the Different theme?

nesnfsn is truly confused (and I have read through dozens of threads in these forum, as well as the Stickies, before posting this reply).

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »
Hello again nesnfsn,
As for the 6850 showing only one DVI, are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes? If not, not it could explain it. AFAIK, though a lot of ATI cards work OOB with 10.6.7/Lion, they still require the right framebuffer for it to be fully functional. Or if you do have it set to Yes, then perhaps trying a different framebuffer may help.

In regards to the strange theme problems, they again make no sense to me haha. The only real potential variable in themes is maybe a large background image (which I always recommend to use the same resolution displayed by Cham), and perhaps the resolution specified in the theme.plist. Both of which are negated by the fact that any Cham2 RC5+ build uses the resolution specified in the boot.plist. Furthermore, up until the screen goes black and the real driver kicks in, it is using pure VESA standards to display an image, so it's rather irrelevant if the card is fully working in the OS. Sorry I can't be of more help.

nesnfsn

• Observer
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2011, 04:53:50 AM »
Hello again nesnfsn,
As for the 6850 showing only one DVI, are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes? If not, not it could explain it. AFAIK, though a lot of ATI cards work OOB with 10.6.7/Lion, they still require the right framebuffer for it to be fully functional. Or if you do have it set to Yes, then perhaps trying a different framebuffer may help.
Pardon my naivete, should I try the framebuffers out when selecting boot options/flags such as "-v", "-f", "-x", etc. So that I would enter say, GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed (that is the listed framebuffer for my 6850 card) AtiPorts=3? My card has 4 ports, but 2 of them are DVI-I Duals. So I guess I would use 3. Do I have to use all three options/flags simultaneously?
In regards to the strange theme problems, they again make no sense to me haha. The only real potential variable in themes is maybe a large background image (which I always recommend to use the same resolution displayed by Cham), and perhaps the resolution specified in the theme.plist. Both of which are negated by the fact that any Cham2 RC5+ build uses the resolution specified in the boot.plist. Furthermore, up until the screen goes black and the real driver kicks in, it is using pure VESA standards to display an image, so it's rather irrelevant if the card is fully working in the OS. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Card apparently uses VESA 3.0, is that the standard that Chameleon and its themes are built around? If not, perhaps that explains some of the problems. If 3.0 is covered, then I am running out of ideas on how to get this working properly with themes other than the default theme.
Thank you Enzo for your thoughts and expertise. I truly appreciate it and I hope that you understand that I mean no disrespect. To the contrary, I truly respect all of you who develop these great tools for other osx users looking to find better ways to use their computers.
Thanks again, and I will try more tomorrow. Would you prefer that I post here, or PM you with any developments as I experiment with the Chameleon themes?

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida