overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [Theme] LoginToLion  (Read 152005 times)

Enzo

• Resident
Re: [Theme] LoginToLion
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 06:17:07 AM »
Not a problem nesnfsn,

Perhaps it can merit it's own post in a more appropriate category here on the forums. If you want to cover all your bases, other osx86 forums as well heh. Feel free to link us here as well.

Anyways, If you haven't tried using GraphicsEnabler, then that's all you probably have to do to get it working. 6850's are well supported, and it is likely that Cham has that same DeviceID covered. It's only when it's defaulting to something your hardware doesn't think is right that you can try other framebuffers, along with those other boot up flags that I'm not too familiar with =P. And yes, you can simply enter that exactly as a bootup option to try it first:  GraphicsEnabler=Yes 
It will take precedence over anything you have set in the boot.plist. So give just that a try and see if it gives you all the right ports (working of course), then if that doesn't work, then you can look more into framebuffers and what not =).

Slice

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
Thanks Enzo for your graphics. I have no find where is my question about different cats so write here.
I use you leopard picture for other project. I think you have no objection about this?

onecubeowner

• Observer
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
Thanks Enzo for your graphics. I have no find where is my question about different cats so write here.
I use you leopard picture for other project. I think you have no objection about this?

Hi Slice. Which version of Chameleon is able to recognize different cats (version) of OS X?

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 07:15:35 PM »

No objection, use as you'd like =).

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »
I don't understand why people are having trouble with the download.

163.com is based in China: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetEase

Maybe they are blocked from downloading it or something.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

ADV

• Entrant
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
I really like this theme! I have a question though. I have a SL drive and a Lion drive. How do I get the right logo to the right drive during boot selection?

Thanks,
Anthony

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »
I really like this theme! I have a question though. I have a SL drive and a Lion drive. How do I get the right logo to the right drive during boot selection?

Thanks,
Anthony
Hello Anthony,
This is currently not possible AFAIK. I believe it is being worked on however, the ability to detect different versions of OS X.

Slice

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 08:20:58 AM »
Hi Slice. Which version of Chameleon is able to recognize different cats (version) of OS X?
Really Chameleon do it. Lion and Snow must be booted different way so the bootloader already knows OS version.
But any improvements stopped and now only bugs is accepted into trunk.

cparm

• Observer
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
Hello Anthony,
This is currently not possible AFAIK. I believe it is being worked on however, the ability to detect different versions of OS X.

hi Enzo,

one word ....... Congratulation.

this theme rocks, and here is a version of my branch that is able to detect the OS(x) version of each volume

u can install it on an usb key to test it  ;)

the good new is that it will be easily portable to the trunk,

if you want to test it, please use the version of "LoginToLion" and the boot file (modules are not really needed) provided inside the archive here : http://www.mediafire.com/?39rk6dt9rwmf8kx (deprecated !!, see my branch for a faster and updated version)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:29:48 PM by cparm »

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »
Nice job cparm, though I only have Lion installed so can't really test it against different OS X versions.
I'll see if I can find some time to maybe restore an old SL partition for testing. If I do, I'll post back a report.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

mnfesq

• Observer
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 06:01:41 AM »
Great  job on this!  I also think it was really helpful to have an alternatives folder.  I made a few of my own modifications and you made it so easy to keep your original files intact in the alternatives folder.  Thank you.

helpsos123

• Entrant
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »
canot download, something wrong

liang136146129

• Entrant
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
sorry i cannot download.who can help me.my email is 136146129@qq.com. thank you

onecubeowner

• Observer
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:24 AM »
Hello Anthony,

hi Enzo,

one word ....... Congratulation.

this theme rocks, and here is a version of my branch that is able to detect the OS(x) version of each volume

u can install it on an usb key to test it  ;)

the good new is that it will be easily portable to the trunk,

if you want to test it, please use the version of "LoginToLion" and the boot file (modules are not really needed) provided inside the archive here : http://www.mediafire.com/?39rk6dt9rwmf8kx (deprecated !!, see my branch for a faster and updated version)

Thanks for sharing your boot file, cpram. I removed my boot from root and replaced it with yours; I renamed my Default folder inside Extra/Themes and renamed your LoginToLion to Default and moved it to Extra/Themes.

Upon restart, I only see text to choose which drive to boot. Also, once at desktop, resolution is low. This is what's inside my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>GenerateCStates</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>GeneratePStates</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>Graphics Mode</key>
   <string>1024x768x32</string>
   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
   <string>y</string>
   <key>Kernel</key>
   <string>mach_kernel</string>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string></string>
   <key>PciRoot</key>
   <string>1</string>
   <key>Timeout</key>
   <string>2</string>
   <key>UseKernelCache</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2011, 06:24:31 PM »
Hi onecubeowner, try using the latest code from the trunk to see if that works for you. You can use the latest build from the Buildbot.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB