Author Topic: Hiding drives entirely from Mac  (Read 2568 times)

Dojomann

• Entrant
Hiding drives entirely from Mac
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:51:08 AM »
I'm using a soft raid 0 with my ich10r for my windows install, and while mac os boots properly, it obviously doesn't work well with the raid configuration as it does not have the proper drivers.

this is fine, as i don't mind keeping the two separate, however, to protect my raid setup, and to get rid of the annoying notification that says "the disk you inserted is not readable by this computer" every single time i log in, i propose a feature that hides entire physical drives not only from the boot menu, but from being detected by mac os entirely.

would make the login process look much cleaner, and allow me to safely enjoy my raid stripe performance within windows.

i'm obviously no programmer, but i don't imagine this being too difficult to put in.

also, before anyone mentions it, as the drives have no real readable partitions according to mac, there is no way to use fstab to prevent automatic mounting. if there are any other workarounds anyone knows (like somehow blocking the drives at boot, so that they don't even show up in disk utility), please let me know.