overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Flashing cursor before chameleon screen  (Read 3039 times)

webjockey

• Entrant
Flashing cursor before chameleon screen
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:06:19 AM »
when I was using Snow Leopard, I never had a flashing cursor before chameleon screen apperas, now since I have updated to Lion (clean install) I see a flashing cursor on top left corner with some text (that cant be read as it goes off screen quickly) and then chameleon screen. It only appears for couple of seconds, but is there any way to remove it. I was using chameleon rc5 with Snow Leopard and now chameleon 2 GM.

NB: I have moved my kexts from Extra/Extention to root/System/Library/Extentions .That made Lion boot a lot faster but did not remove cursor.

unimatrix725

• Observer
Re: Flashing cursor before chameleon screen
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:50:25 PM »
It may annoy you, but I have lived with what is similiar since I had a Hackintosh. I think it may be because I have 4 1TB drives and 1 1.5TB drive. I am able to see that it is looking for the bootloader (EFI) and has found it on GPT drive, then chameleon loads up. When I had an MBR type setup it would have a blank cursor and flash a second or two then load chameleon.  I do not know how to make it go away, but in my opinion it is harmless, if everything is working.