Author Topic: GZ~CPGZ Cycle / Corrupted File - Chameleon .pkg.gz  (Read 3525 times)

xrafax

• Entrant
GZ~CPGZ Cycle / Corrupted File - Chameleon .pkg.gz
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:17:48 PM »
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting on the correct forum but I have to try...

My problem is that when I try to decompress the latest Chameleon Package (Chameleon-2.1svn-r1565.pkg.gz) it simply enter in a GZ / CPGZ cycle using Boom Archiver, when I use Stuffit Expander, it says that the Stuffit Engine couldn't determine the file format, using The Unarchiver, it says that the file is corrupt and using Terminal, it says that the file isn't in gzip format.

I had success decompressing "Chameleon-2.1svn-r1565.tgz", but I want the package file, that is easier to use...

I noticed this issue with almost all pkg.gz files. The latest file that I used was "Chameleon-2.1svn-r1518.pkg.gz" a few weeks ago, at that time this file was decompressed without any issue, but now even this file isn't decompressing here...

Anyone knows why this happen? And a fix for that?

Directory listing: "/builds/Xcode4.1/" and "/builds/Xcode4.0.1/"

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: GZ~CPGZ Cycle / Corrupted File - Chameleon .pkg.gz
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »
Hi xrafax

This happens to me too. I'm using Safari.

Here's what I did to get round it:
Copy the link: http://builds.voodooprojects.org/builds/Xcode4.1/Chameleon-2.1svn-r1573.pkg.gz
and paste it in to Safari's Downloads window (not the URL bar).

This will download a file named 'Chameleon-2.1svn-r1573.pkg.gz.html' which is 4.3MB.
The file is already uncompressed but has the wrong file extensions. Remove the .gz.html to leave Chameleon-2.1svn-r1573.pkg and the file is correct.

There is a problem somewhere/somehow with the .pkg file on buildbot, as compiling it directly from the trunk source here results in a correctly formed Chameleon-2.1svn-r1591.pkg.gz file.

If this issue persists then I recommend raising it at the forge. http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

xrafax

• Entrant
Re: GZ~CPGZ Cycle / Corrupted File - Chameleon .pkg.gz
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
Many thanks Blackosx, it worked fine!  ;D