Author Topic: [Theme] Chamatic - Chameleon Recreated  (Read 15873 times)

Enzo

• Resident
[Theme] Chamatic - Chameleon Recreated
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »

:)
Chamatic is essentially my tribute to Chameleon and all the people involved with the project. Thank you. This is a theme I started a good while ago, but I was never able to finish, for either technical reasons or just lack of inspiration. I've recently revived it, and with a slightly different direction  ;). It isn't perfect, but I hope you enjoy.

I hope you all know how to install a theme by now! A few technical notes:
-This theme has a simple layout. There is a full sized background image, but since it is very simple, the entire theme should still scale fairly well. Keep in mind the icons are a tad on the larger side, so it may need a resize for netbooks (I may do this myself later on).

-Simple icons, with simple shadows. I tried to avoid heavy use of transparency. This is to sort of circumvent Cham's bug with transparency (mostly) in the second options screen (You will notice things don't look as sharp in the 2nd screen). The device_scroll icons are the only exception as they do use a lot of transparency, but I went for the creative touch there I suppose. (Did I pull it off?  :P)

-The default background is 1920x1200. There is a 1680x1050 version in the Alternates Folder. This is merely for consistency reason. The image should scale well when resized, or even if not, it is rather simple and you may not notice the difference. The choice is yours!

-You must be running a recent build of the RC5 pre-releases to take advantage of the Hover, i.e. Rollover effect. Also you may notice these Cham builds automatically use your resolution specified in com.apple.boot.plist, so no need to set the resolution within the Theme itself ;). For older builds of Cham2, you will want to (Currently set at 1680x1050).

-Comments? Suggestions? I read all my comments, and am open to requests.

That's all I can think of for now...

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:06:38 AM by Enzo »

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: [Theme] Chamatic - Chameleon Recreated
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »
Hey Enzo.

WOW!!  that's nice. Great job too with the device scroll - very inventive.. You Rock!   8)
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

spalek83

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:49:48 AM »
it looks very nice. thank you
10.7 + Win 7 + Ubuntu
SyncMaster 2433BW ~ GA-P55M-UD4 ~ i7 860 ~ GTS 250 ~ SAMSUNG HD103UJ/1TB

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:07:49 AM »
Oops, forgot to reset the max_devices_visible, it's currently at 2! (I do this to test the scroll devices, seeing as I only have 3 partitions =P). Will update it soon.
Edit: Done. Now set to 4.

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:09:03 AM by Enzo »

valv

• VoodooLabs
    • The AnVAL Forum (fr)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
WoW!!!
That is too nice. Thank u for this.
am not sure this would be accepted, but I'd ask: Can this be adapted for AnVAL. In a way that instead of "CHAMatic" it'd show AnVAL. also by Ezno would be "by valv" (referring to the boot-loader). placing  "Ezno Designs" or so at the bottom. and adding 2 pngs for free & openbsd.
would u do this for me ? ;D
Thank u anyway. and sorry if I tend to abuse your work. It is a proof I like it and would be glad to offer it as the default one for my branch.

Oh, sorry I got confused. CHAMAtic (neither by Ezno) is not showing on the boot screen...Could it be added ???

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »
So you'd like some badge that'd be part of the background, correct? If so, considering  there is already a background, and it is centered, it would probably be best to place this badge in some way centered so that it can be visible in all resolutions (without having to supply backgrounds for individual  resolutions, which I could also do =P).

Let me know if you  had something specific in mind.

valv

• VoodooLabs
    • The AnVAL Forum (fr)
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
Let me know if you  had something specific in mind.
let your imagination express itself. I know am not gonna be disappointed! :)

AFreakingCougar

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »
Hey, I am sorry if this is off topic but I have been making a couple cool themes for RC5.... How do you guys get nice screen grabs like you do?

And by the way, this is a cool theme imo

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »
I love your style enzo,

When in doubt, go minimal  ;D

Thanks heaps!
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 02:01:45 AM »
AFreakingCougar, they aren't screen grabs, they are just the photoshop mockups/resources.

Thanks rocksteady.

Darwin

• Observer
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
 ;D It is quite humorous that chameleon in the Chamatic logo is cross-eyed.  :lol:

libero19

• Entrant
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »
Thank You..