Author Topic: Chameleon doesn't play nice with AHCI?  (Read 2560 times)

dawntodon

• Entrant
Chameleon doesn't play nice with AHCI?
« on: October 23, 2011, 03:07:51 AM »
While I've had previous luck with other laptops, I recently came upon a Lenovo Y550P that's only been giving issues when I install Chameleon 2 RC4r841-1000 and above onto it after having installed OSX 10.6.4. 

While I can boot from an external USB drive using Chameleon, once I install Chameleon onto the internal hard drive and reboot, the Lenovo splash screen doesn't even appear, which also means that I can't get into the BIOS or boot options menu nor even use that once usable external USB drive to boot into OSX. To regain access to my computer I have to physically remove the internal hard drive and then go into the BIOS and switch my SATA mode from AHCI to compatible mode then I can reinstall my internal drive and run my laptop. But after this, not only does my installation of OSX hang, but when I try to reinstall OSX while in compatible mode, the installer doesn't detect my internal hard drive.

But then once I resetup the SATA mode to AHCI with my internal hard drive still connected, I would encounter that "no-splash" phenomenon. So for me to maintain access to the BIOS while keeping SATA mode to AHCI mode would be to delete the partition with the attempted installation of OSX using diskpart in my windows setup file and then recreate an HFS compatible partition.

Hopefully, I explained in enough detail while not losing sight of the issue at hand.  If not, I can provide any other information as needed.  Thank you.