overdue-scratch

Author Topic: how do i compile the code with gui? embedtheme doesn't work  (Read 2240 times)

faggus

• Entrant
how do i compile the code with gui? embedtheme doesn't work
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:23:20 AM »
i'm trying to compile the latest code, but i can't get make embedtheme to work.  i'm in chameleon/trunk, and i'm not sure that's the right place.  i'm using lion 10.7.2 in raid0, and i'm trying to get the latest version to make iCloud and FaceTime work.  i can't figure out a way to get the gui to work where you select the drive partition, i can only get the darwin ascii interface.  is there a way to compile it so i also get the gui installer?  thanks

scorpius

• Observer
Re: how do i compile the code with gui? embedtheme doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »
I think you can't use embedtheme any longer because the icons are too large to fit in the boot file. Instead, you could just copy over the chameleon/artwork/themes/default directory to /Extra/Themes/Default.

faggus

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »
that's not working for me.  i put all kinds of key/string pairs in chameleon.plist file and it doesn't show up, it keeps giving me a plain ascii boot screen. how do i get a theme to work in chameleon?

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:15:05 AM »
With /Extra/Themes/Default containing the default theme files and...

<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>

.. in org.chameleon.Boot.plist it should just work.

Are you on case-sensitive HFS+?

See if you can replicate your issue. Try performing a clean install of Chameleon on a random USB flash drive.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131