Author Topic: Boot problem  (Read 2592 times)

Hairyhobo

• Entrant
Boot problem
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
Hi, I've had my hackintosh running for a while now with chameleon v2.0 RC4 with snow leopard. It's been ok until today, when I boot up past the grey boot loader screen, then the grey apple screen it switches to a blue screen and would normally load the desktop but it hangs on the blue screen with a little whirley symbol in the middle and flashes between 2 shades of blue.
I some times get the mouse arrow up. This happens even when I try safe mode in the boot menu.

I have just moved the computer into a g5 case but I had it working only a few days ago.

Any ideas would be great as I'm a little bit stumped....

Thanks

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Boot problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
Hi Hairyhobo

You must have changed something as these things don't go wrong by themselves, but I don't think your problem is with Chameleon.

Ideas?

Maybe boot in verbose mode and see if there's any messages to point to why it's failing?

Double check you've connected the video cable to the same video out connector of the graphics card.

You could always try booting from a backup bootable Chameleon USB memory stick or bootable Chameleon BootCD which you know has worked previously. You do have one don't you?

If you can't boot in to your system, then try booting to your backup installation. Surely you have one of those?

Failing the above, you could always boot in to your retail Snow Leopard DVD and install the OS to another HDD, or if you only have the single drive, create a small partition on your HDD and install another version of the OS there. Then boot in to that to give you a chance to fix your broken one.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:02:28 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB