Author Topic: Stuck in BootScreen and unable to load boot device  (Read 5962 times)

engohe

• Entrant
Stuck in BootScreen and unable to load boot device
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:40:03 PM »
Trying to get my first hackintoch, Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard install on my laptop Toshiba Satellite (the model I have it on hand).
 I had 3 partitions: the reserved 100 mb windows 7, the Windows 7 partition, and other documents.
 Before starting the installation, I made a backup of your entire hard drive with
 Acronis True Image in case something went wrong.
 To start, could not enter the facility to put "-v busrate = 30".

Entering the installation, I decided to use the windows 7 partition to install OSx, so select and delete the partition with disk utility in the installation of Leopard.

Quiet, delete the partition and prepare for installation.
 To install, select Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.5 as loader, plus some fixes that proved appropriate.

After the installation, reboot the computer and showed me the loader, and as options 3 starts to show me how to icons: the space of Windows 7, Mac Snow Leopard and my documents.

Here began the sad thing. The leopard was not properly installed, in trying to get me my laptop Resets. The other 2 options are not bootable and most ugly, I have not found a way to boot DVD or USB.

When you restart the machine try to enter the BIOS to change the boot order, but goes directly into the loader without my boot options, just the above.

What surprised me most is that it has the Toshiba logo appears when I no longer turn on the laptop and I fear that I have deleted or overwritten the bios.

After giving an overview of my situation I look for someone who can help me.

Is there a way to enter the Bios?
 I can boot from any DVD or USB to try to correct this?

My idea to try to fix this is to use a Windows live to flash the bios, since even removing the hard drive toshiba logo does not appear and the screen goes black until you restart.

I do not want to move the mac partition to know where the loader located somewhere for how to remove it. The information contained in the hard drive is fully supported, but not how to restore the laptop to its original state.

My email is engohe@hotmail.com. if someone could help me would be very grateful.

If something is not clear, please contact me. My English is not very good and use google translator to support me.

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Stuck in BootScreen and unable to load boot device
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
Try to do a CMOS reset to get access to your BIOS again.
Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard
We cannot support distro/pre-hacked DVD installations here. Either post on one of the many other Hackintosh forums out there or come back when you have a retail installation DVD.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:55:46 AM by Gringo Vermelho »
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131