Author Topic: Chameleon boot menu bug  (Read 11037 times)

mityushechka

• Observer
Chameleon boot menu bug
« on: April 02, 2012, 01:34:51 AM »
Hello. I have small trouble with boot menu of chameleon..I have hack HP4530s...with 8gb memory installed...When i choose memory info in menu with verbose boot, boot ignore caches....memory info and video info, my system just reboots!!! where is the issue??? Never had such problem with chimera 1.9, but with Chimera was not possible to boot ignore caches and safe mode - still waiting for boot device....but memory info was always shown...Where is the issue in chameleon...I like it more!!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:38:28 AM by mityushechka »

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Chameleon boot menu bug
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »
Hi mityushechka

I have not heard of this problem before. What version of Chameleon are you using? Have you tried other revisions of Chameleon to see if the same issue occurs?
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »
I'm using 2.1svn r1910.....Yes i tried other older versions and had the same(((

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 03:13:32 PM »
Can you rule out it's not an issue with any particular theme?
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:12 AM »
to boot without gui and made memory info manually?

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
?memory - the same result...just reboot...but with chimera it works...but with chimera not possible to boot ignore caches and safe mode...always still waiting for root device

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »
Okay. Your system reboots when you select one of the menu options from Chameleon - I agree that looks to be a bug somewhere.
But without selecting any of the additional options, does Chameleon work and allow you to boot your system?

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
Sure...all options work perfectly..boot ignore caches..safe mode...single user mode and video info...it is only one bug with memory info.....in which file are descriptions of commands of gui menu...? may be it is possible to edit?? or at last to compare with chimera file, to find out the reason!!

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »
Yes. Feel free to compare the sources and maybe you'll find the cause of your reboot.

You can download the Chameleon trunk source by using the following command:
Code: [Select]
svn co -r HEAD http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk
And download the source for the Chameleon branch named Chimera with:
Code: [Select]
svn co -r HEAD http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/branches/Chimera/
For a starting point, I would suggest looking in:
/i386/boot2/options.c

Good luck and if you find a solution then please report back :)

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
thanks a lot for info....

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »
Miracle...didn't find any differences in option.c files!!!

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »
Hello, i think u was right about bug with memory info in boot menu of chameleon....cause i tried no gui mode and all ok there...i received info there....How do think it happens of incorrect theme or chameleon not fully supports HD3000 graphic card??? I tried all themes from champlist.app.....and the same result...system reboots if to choose memory info!!! But it was one there, called blackosx_3D_theme which worked with graphical glitches in boot menu, but memory info worked there!!!! And interesting that memory worked only from boot menus of win7 and linux...if to choose memory info from mac os boot menu computer also reboots...VERY WIRED!!! Here my email     mityushechka@ukr.net     I wait very much advises from  u...please answer me....Thank u for your time...and for future answer....Hope solution will be find

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
so somebody knows the answer...Has chameleon full support of hd3000 graphics????

mityushechka

• Observer
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
And now i almost have solution...one very clever guy made from Chameleon and Chimera one common 100% working bootloader...ALL OPTIONS WORK!!!! What name should be given for it??? May be Chim-Cham or Cham-Chim?))))

But it works only for GUID.....and i have MBR...so unlucky again(((((
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:42:24 AM by mityushechka »

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »
Hi mityushechka

Miracle...didn't find any differences in option.c files!!!
Maybe that's because Chimera and Chameleon are essentially the same....

Hello, i think u was right about bug with memory info in boot menu of chameleon....cause i tried no gui mode and all ok there...i received info there.
.../snip/....
I tried all themes from champlist.app.....and the same result...system reboots if to choose memory info!!!
.../snip/...
But it was one there, called blackosx_3D_theme which worked with graphical glitches in boot menu, but memory info worked there!!!!
So it definitely looks to be a theme issue.

How do think it happens of incorrect theme or chameleon not fully supports HD3000 graphic card???
I don't know. I have no experience using Intel's HD3000.

And interesting that memory worked only from boot menus of win7 and linux...if to choose memory info from mac os boot menu computer also reboots...VERY WIRED
I agree. It is weird. If this is reproducible then it can be raised as an issue at the forge.

Here my email     mityushechka@ukr.net     I wait very much advises from  u...please answer me....Thank u for your time...and for future answer....Hope solution will be find
No need to email or PM. We can discuss here so everyone can read and benefit from it.
Well done with your continued testing to help track down your problem.

one very clever guy made from Chameleon and Chimera one common 100% working bootloader...ALL OPTIONS WORK!!!!
Can you post more information please?