Author Topic: Can't boot without CD  (Read 3704 times)

hayduke

• Entrant
Can't boot without CD
« on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:41 AM »
Hey Now...

I got Lion working with iAtkos L2 (yes I paid Apple for the copy of Lion) and everything rocks out loud on toast on the following hardware:

MB: ZOTAC Z68ITX WiFi Supreme
CPU: Intel iCore3 Sandy Bridge
RAM: 8GB GSkill
HD: Seagate Green 1.5TB (3 x 500 partitions: Lion, iTunes. System Backup)
DVD: Sony/Opticarc DVD-RW

Here's the problem: As long as I have the iAtkos L2 disc in the drive and the BIOS is set to "Boot from CD", I can get it to boot as long as I hit F8 during the Boot Screen and then select "Lion" as opposed to iAtkos L2.

If I set the BIOS to boot from the HD (or boot without the CD in the drive) I get:

boot0: test
boot0: error

and the boot stops.

If I leave the CD in the drive I can boot to Lion as long as I hit F8 and switch from iAtkos L2 to Lion, which boots in Verbose mode. Once in Lion, I have Chameleon 2.0.0 RC5 in the System Preferences Pane (and the Lion partition is set as the boot drive and Verbose is selected). If I go to "Set Startup Drive" the only drive that shows up it the iAtkos L2 disc.

My best guess at this point is that the Lion partition isn't set to MBR or GUID and/or I don't have the Cameleon Bootloader settings correct. At this point I'm done experimenting as I have a stable, working install. I'm sure it's something stupid simple, but I really don't want to have to whack the drive again, I finally got it working after the 5th try.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

~ hayduke       

Jediam

• Entrant
Re: Can't boot without CD
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »
Well I can't get my osx installation to boot either so I prob shouldn't be giving you any advice but while looking for solutions to my problem I keep on coming across others with what seems to be similar to your boot0:test ... boot0:error.

Have a look here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37090

Or just google "boot0:error" or "boot0:error  seagate green" and you should find something.