VoodooPS2Controller > General Discussion

ALPS working trackpad in Snow Leopard

<< < (6/13) > >>

andro:
kext loads okay on Vostro 1510, 10.5.6 retail. No KP (VoodooPS2Controller w/o VoodooPS2Trackpad never gave me any KP either).
however, no preference pane for Trackpad shows up and I assume that it's because Apple modified the Info.plist in Trackpad.prefPane to look only for certain hardware. How did you guys get it to work? I'm curious to see how well this kext performs :). suggestions?

iamkalabaw:
slashhack,

First, thanks for the effort man. You did a real good job. I think djkinetic and I have the same observation when he said

--- Code: ---...however tracking does pause briefly when makin minute movements
--- End code ---

tracking feels a little bit off in my observation. I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is but tracking does not feel as smooth as it should be.

djkinetic:
Basically what i'm trying to say is that, when you need to move the pointer a small distance there's sometimes a pause where the cursor won't move, and so you need to lift your finger and try the motion again to get the cursor to move. It only happens when trying to move the pointer a very small distance. Or if you have to make a small adjustment with lets say a slider, pointer will pause and not move. Other than that the kext works great. I'm not sure if its because of any modfications or if thats just how the code was written by the voodoo team. If we could get that sorted out it be great.

slashack:
Resolution was set to 100 dpi, so i multiplied relative distances by 0.2, in order to decrease pointer speed (was too fast). The problem was that when trackpad moved 1 position, that multiplication leaved a 0, so the pointer in screen didn't moved. I changed resolution to 500 dpi. That made the 0.2 multiplication useless. Now when the trackpad moves 1 position, the pointer moves 1 dot = 1/500 inches.

Does it works right now?

djkinetic:

--- Quote from: slashack on May 09, 2009, 08:34:10 PM ---Resolution was set to 100 dpi, so i multiplied relative distances by 0.2, in order to decrease pointer speed (was too fast). The problem was that when trackpad moved 1 position, that multiplication leaved a 0, so the pointer in screen didn't moved. I changed resolution to 500 dpi. That made the 0.2 multiplication useless. Now when the trackpad moves 1 position, the pointer moves 1 dot = 1/500 inches.

Does it works right now?

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much slash works much better. Trackpad is alot smoother.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version