VoodooPS2Controller > General Discussion

ALPS working trackpad in Snow Leopard

<< < (2/13) > >>

djkinetic:
Hope you get it sorted out slash, thanks for the effort  :)

slashack:
Here it is. It works for me. But i don't know how to load it without gettin KP's. Sometimes I need to remove it from /S/L/E/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns. Sometimes i need to unload mouse controller first, then load this file. I don't know why. Just try loading/unloading untill it works.

I've corrected issues from the first post, and changed the code where the calculations on how and when to scroll are made. When i wasn't scrolling, but reached the scrolling area without lifting my finger, it started scrolling. I've changed it to work like if i am not scrolling and i reach the scrolling area, then it keeps moving. To scroll, finger must start touching the pad inside the scrolling area.

Speeds are hardcoded, so if u want more speed, don't even bother touching the Info.plist file, just use the Mouse/Keyboard Preferences pane.

KEEP IN MIND I'VE DONE THIS JUST FOR ME. I SHARE IT SO ANXIOUS PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTILL VOODOO TEAM FIXES THIS KEXT FOR US. BUGS NEEDED TO BE SOLVED IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS KEXT WORK ARE IN FIRST POST IN TOPIC.

djkinetic:
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Kabyl:

--- Quote from: slashack on April 27, 2009, 04:55:59 AM ---Here it is. It works for me. But i don't know how to load it without gettin KP's. Sometimes I need to remove it from /S/L/E/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns. Sometimes i need to unload mouse controller first, then load this file. I don't know why. Just try loading/unloading untill it works.

I've corrected issues from the first post, and changed the code where the calculations on how and when to scroll are made. When i wasn't scrolling, but reached the scrolling area without lifting my finger, it started scrolling. I've changed it to work like if i am not scrolling and i reach the scrolling area, then it keeps moving. To scroll, finger must start touching the pad inside the scrolling area.

Speeds are hardcoded, so if u want more speed, don't even bother touching the Info.plist file, just use the Mouse/Keyboard Preferences pane.

KEEP IN MIND I'VE DONE THIS JUST FOR ME. I SHARE IT SO ANXIOUS PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTILL VOODOO TEAM FIXES THIS KEXT FOR US. BUGS NEEDED TO BE SOLVED IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS KEXT WORK ARE IN FIRST POST IN TOPIC.

--- End quote ---

Nice  :)
Any chance for a patch attached in the first post?

slashack:
I'll try and make config parameters load from synapticsconfigloader instead of using hardcoded values. Then i'll make a patch. Is there any SVN or somewhere to grab the latest code? Ineed the synaptics prefences pane latest code to make it work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version