VoodooPS2Controller > General Discussion

ALPS working trackpad in Snow Leopard

<< < (12/13) > >>

chronolynx:

--- Quote from: slashack on July 16, 2009, 04:43:45 PM ---I made the patch about one week ago but it seems that the voodoo team is busy.

Here's the kext i'm using and the message i sent to kabyl:

Fixes:
- Packets are detected as absolut, not relative.
- It uses acceleration value from Trackpad.prefpane, not mouse one.
- Scrolling works just fine.
- Tapping works without reloading the driver.
- It detects Inspiron 1420 touchpad.

Things that works from Trackpad preference pane:
- Tracking Speed
- Double-Click Speed
- Use two fingers to scroll (enables vertical scroll!)
- Allow horizontal scrolling
- Scrolling Speed
- Zoom
- Clicking

Things that doesn't work:
- Dragging (it works by default)
- Drag Lock (doesn't work at all)
- Ignore accidental trackpad input
- Ignore trackpad when mouse is present

To enable trackpad prefpane (got this info from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142466):

open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Info.plist and remove this line

<key>VendorID</key>
    <integer>1452</integer>

Delete:
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.preferencepanes.*

Now you can open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefpane

(if it doesn't work, delete all of NSPrefPaneIOServiceAttributesToMatch)

Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---

got a vostro1310 here with an ALPS glidepad. This driver is pretty smoother but i can't side-scroll with this one. how can i?

angel.tdw:
same here...i have alps trackpad,, on my dell 1440
click works,but i dont get any scrolling scrolling settings in the trackpad.pref

y so????

help needed
thanx

angel

vjkevlar:
1.) I have tried and also tried it again still same. Mouse works smoothly, Tapping always annoyingly on, no scrolling whatsoever, the trackpad pref pane doesnt effect cursor in any way...NORMAL mouse pref does effect cursor speed... Voodoops2pref pane gives synamptecs or whatever message.

Dell M1530 2.5ghz, Snow 10.6.5

minimalco:
THANX a lot man i've finally got my touchpad working with scrolling and tapping after sleep. my laptop is the same old dell 1420
i'm just wondering if it's possible to extend a little bit the scrolling region for the vertical edge. not so much, but just a few pixels would be perfect

Heratiki:
Ok...  XPS M1530 here...  Here's what I did...

I used the files added to this post...  So those should help...  And then I followed these directions to get the TrackPad.PrefPane working correctly so that I could set the stuff up the way it should be.  The VoodooPS2 PrefPane crashes on me all the time.   So...  Here goes the instructions for the kext install to get it working flawlessly on my M1530 with Snow Leopard 10.6.5 - Updated from iAtkos S3 v2.

Install the included VoodooPS2Controller.kext (it's modified using the 64Bit compiled VoodooPS2Controller.kext and has VoodooPS2Mouse.kext removed and a modified VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext added in)

To install it use Kext Helper b7 available here - http://cheetha.net/

Make sure your install still has the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in there as well (it's needed) if not you can get it from below.

After that make sure that ApplePS2Controller.kext is not in your /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot and give it a try...  I'll keep doing more and more testing to find out everything that works and doesn't work but for now it works great and even works with 2 finger scrolling...  I'll keep you up to date...

Heratiki

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version