Author Topic: CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35  (Read 63280 times)

geticus

• Observer
Re: CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
Thank both of you

I was just a little tyred about .mkext, .kext; no confusing...

@Gringo

I've created the ethernet device properties string with EFIStudio like you said and added to com.apple.boot.plist in my EFI partition (just like I did for my graphic card). The problem now is : after reboot I loose my video resolution. It's seems to be a conflict between the two "device properties string" in my com.apple.boot.plist.

Can I do something about this ?

kind regards

geticus

• Observer
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »
Ok,

I've find a old thread where it's explain how to merge the contents of the two files.

I still get plenty of "CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" in my Console, but I can make now a bootable copy of my system, what I wasn't able to do before.

Thank you again for your patience

regards

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 07:49:03 AM »
What network hardware are you trying to set as EN0/Internal and what driver are you using for it?

Maybe all you need is to delete your preference files, this will reshuffle the available ethernet devices and set your patched device as EN0.

Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete

com.apple.network.identification.plist
NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist
com.apple.smb.server.plist.

Reboot and start Network preferences.

Let me know if it helps.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

geticus

• Observer
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 10:55:27 AM »
hi Gringo

I use an Asus F3Jc T5500 laptop under 10.5.6 (retail Munky's method and Chameleon RC2)

EFI partition - KEXTS USED - AppleDecrypt, Disabler, SMBIOSResolver, HDAEnabler, OpenHaltrestart, ACPIBattery, VoodooPS2Controller, ClamshellDisplay, EHCISleepEnabler, VoodooPower, LegacyAppleAHCIPort, IOSDHCIBlockDevice

In S/L/E I have ALC861 for the sound and VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Efi string NVS_QE for my Go 7300 in the com.apple.boot.plist 

Two days ago I added UUID.kext to the EFI/Extra/Extensions folder and EFI ethernet string to com.apple.boot.plist

Everything was fine to me excepte when I wanted to make a bootable copy of my system. Maybe one thing : repair permisions take a verry, verry long time, one hour.

Well, thank you again