overdue-scratch

Author Topic: VoodoPS2Controller Mini How To  (Read 20538 times)

sam2x

• Entrant
VoodoPS2Controller Mini How To
« on: April 25, 2009, 08:56:32 PM »
thx for this great release , this is a mini how to just to help to not have the panic screen ( like me lol )
it work for me i have a HP 6710B with iPC 10.5.6 and the trackpad work great  ;D

this is the mini how to :

1- open terminal and go to /Volumes/OSXHDD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

2 - rm -Rf AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

3 - Go to /Volumes/OSXHDD/System/Library/Extensions

4- rm -Rf ApplePS2Controller.kext

5- rm -Rf ApplePS2Controller.kext.orig

6 - open OSX86Tools

7- Select Repair Permissions / Set Extensions permissions / Clear Extensions Cache

8- install VoodooPS2Controller

9- Rebbot -f

10- Go to System Preferences Trackpad Select Clicking

that's all

Replace OSXHDD by your volume name.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:01:19 PM by sam2x »

deek

• Entrant
Re: VoodoPS2Controller Mini How To
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:37:20 AM »
I did these steps using vanilla 10.5.6 kernel and have intermittent Panics at startup, when I boot with -v it has a few lines with yellow text about ApplePS2controller and duplicate.

EDIT: woops, forgot to remove the ApplePS2Controller.kext from my EFI partition /facepalm
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:58:48 AM by deek »

cogombo

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
Works! Works! Works! This is the RIGHT method!! Wonderful!! This driver is AWESOME!! I have 2FingerScrolling on my Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop! Thanks!

AZBigK

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »
"remove the ApplePS2Controller.kext from my EFI partition"

Can you explain more how you did that?

I'm a newbie. My laptop is Toshiba Satellite A135-S4677. I've installed iATKOS 5i DVD 10.5.5. Luckily, I got successfully updated to 10.5.7 without any further mods. I followed the instructions but it's not working and I don't have usb working, either.

chelove

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 11:35:16 PM »
I have kernel panics with 10.5.7 on Inspiron 1720. Tried vanilla and XNU kernels with ACPIx86 and stock ACPI. PS2 working with ACPIx86 or stock ACPI modified ApplePS2Contoller.kext, but without two fingers scrolling and other trackpad features. Anybody tried with 10.5.7?

pitdogs

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
thx for this great release , this is a mini how to just to help to not have the panic screen ( like me lol )
it work for me i have a HP 6710B with iPC 10.5.6 and the trackpad work great  ;D

this is the mini how to :

1- open terminal and go to /Volumes/OSXHDD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

2 - rm -Rf AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

3 - Go to /Volumes/OSXHDD/System/Library/Extensions

4- rm -Rf ApplePS2Controller.kext

5- rm -Rf ApplePS2Controller.kext.orig

6 - open OSX86Tools

7- Select Repair Permissions / Set Extensions permissions / Clear Extensions Cache

8- install VoodooPS2Controller

9- Rebbot -f

10- Go to System Preferences Trackpad Select Clicking

that's all

Replace OSXHDD by your volume name.

You will need to enable use of root directory:  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1528
And put sudo in front of steps 2,4,5  ex) sudo rm -Rf AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

tempolo

• My own Hackintosh page
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 12:45:24 PM »
The previous posts of this thread have a few flaws, IMHO:

@pitdogs: The quoted kb article is for enabling root login, not root dir access. This step is not necessary here and should actually be avoided as it opens hackers a door. The use of "sudo", however, is a good one.

@sam2x: Lots of unnecessary steps in there, at least in my case (e.g. no need to repair permissions etc.)

Here's my proposal...

All I had to do was this (I had previously done a rather clean OS X install from a OS X Installer DVD, i.e. I did not use any hacked system installation):
  • Remove these kexts from /Extra/Extensions/: ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • Remove or update /Extra/Extensions.mkext if you changed the contents of /Extra/Extensions/
  • Remove any older VoodoPS2Controller.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/
  • Maybe (not sure if that's necessary) add a smbios.plist file to /Extra which identifies the computer as a portable Mac, e.g. as a MacbookAir1,2. Lots of infos on this via Google
  • Restart the Mac, err, PC

Hope that helps.