Author Topic: Chameleon problems  (Read 2415 times)

jaxparo

• Entrant
Chameleon problems
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:00:46 AM »
Sony laptop MBR HD, three partitions; hd0,1 Sony Recovery; hd0,2 WinXP; hd0,3 OS X 10.5.8. Chameleon originally installed with 3rd partition as target as part of iATKOS v7 10.5.7 installation. This Chameleon worked as a GUI bootloader, but for some reason unknown to me it refused to load the custom DSDT or custom SMBIOS files when they were located in either / or /Extra, even if the path was explicitly defined in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

It was confirmed that org.chameleon.Boot.plist was being read because changing other things such as the TimeOut period, or the Theme, etc. always worked, it was only the DSDT and SMBIOS files that were never read. I also tried changing the ownership & permissions and still couldn't get either the custom DSDT or SMBIOS to load.

I attempted to upgrade the Chameleon version to a very current v.2.1r2045 and the installer wouldn't complete and gave an error message about some missing Perl file. I upgraded Perl and tried again, and again, this Perl file was missing, so the install wouldn't complete.

I was afraid that a partial install might screw-up things, and I have no way to reinstall or boot from any other device, so I wanted to complete and installation. I assumed Chimera was just a fork of Chameleon, and installed Chimera 1.11.1 without any issues, but after rebooting I only had a text-only version instead of a GUI, and the DSDT & SMBIOS still wouldn't load.

I did reinstall Chameleon 2.1r1516 after Chimera, and again, text-only, and no DSDT or SMBIOS loading.

I want to:
1) get the GUI working
2) get the DSDT & SMBIOS loading.

Any help would be appreciated.