VoodooPS2Controller > Bug Reports

Error ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found

<< < (3/4) > >>

smith@@:

--- Quote from: safwankhan on November 10, 2009, 05:39:29 AM ---I was having the same issues with my touchpad which is also ALPS (dell d610). Here is how i fixed it. I simply tweaked the kext named VoodooPS2Controller.kext a bit and forced all the scrolling flags to true. Also I changed the default mouse pointer speed values so the pointer is much smoother and doesn't jump anymore.

Download the modified VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/149362318/6417b7d5/VoodooPS2Controllerkext.html

Now all you have to do is extract this newly downloaded kext to your desktop and then copy - paste it to /System/Library/Extensions/ and overwrite the default VoodooPS2Controller.kext that is already residing there.

You may get a message that this kext was not installed properly and bla bla after you replace, just ignore them and hit OK everytime! Now let's do the final step.

Open terminal and type the following:

sudo -s

[your password]

clear

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel VoodooPS2Controller.kext

chmod -R 755 VoodooPS2Controller.kext

cd /System/Library/

rm -rf Extensions.*

diskutil repairpermissions / {this step may take some time till it reaches 100% so be patient}

reboot

Now you have fully working scrolling as well as a much stable touchpad. However you still won't be able to open the customizing panel from preferences. But who needs it now anyway?  :)

Hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

Don't work for me this mod, the keyboard crazy ...

smith@@:
A way from voodoo team for fix this problem now? :Error ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found

Thanks   ;)

gektor:
Same problem for me. ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found. I have ALPS touchpad.

angel.tdw:
same problem here....on my dell inspiron 1440 with alps trackpad

Headspin:
I got this to work... I had the same error... Put the trip2me's voodookext found on this forum in extra/extensions folder, run pfix found on insanelymac and then drag your extra/extensions folder over kext utility... drag the extensions and extensions.mkext back to extra and reboot... see if ur touchpad works, if not open the voodoo kext and delete trackpad.kext and reboot and see if that works..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version