overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Can't control volume with keyboard or systemprefs...  (Read 3856 times)

chris7519

• Entrant
Can't control volume with keyboard or systemprefs...
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:19 AM »
First off I'd like to thank the developers for this project... I couldn't get OS X to shut down properly before I got this up and running. The volume works great and I can control it from within the VoodooHDA Preferences Pane and I have voodoohelper enabled on startup to keep volume from reseting on boot, but adjusting it with the keyboard or System Preferences->Sound doesn't work. Didn't see this mentioned before, so I apologize if this subject has been covered.

chris7519

• Entrant
Re: Can't control volume with keyboard or systemprefs...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »
As a quick fix I reverted back to 0.2.1 and selected PCM Master in the SystemPrefs->Sound and all is well now. I have the "Can't map memory" issue with the voodoohda.prefpane, as to be expected. How do I get PCM to show up or work properly with 0.2.2 (Speaker, sdif, and digital out were my only selections)???

alexclark

• Entrant
Re: Can't control volume with keyboard or systemprefs...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:54:03 AM »
Im having this same problem -
I can ONLY control if I am watching a video in quicktime or on youtube - or hulu - (just examples- i.e. when im within a program)

I CANT control the volume system wide at all through the system - ie in system preferences sound pane - or on the keyboard - or in the sound icon in the TOP screen icon tray

I'm running osx on an hp mini which was modified by Thireus to adjust the volume correctly for us(here is a link to this discussion)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161638&st=120

thanks for your help-