Author Topic: Vista bootloader and Chameleon 2.0 rc  (Read 4190 times)

dufund

• Entrant
Vista bootloader and Chameleon 2.0 rc
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »
Okay so heres my specific problem. I have vista installed as well as osx 10.5.6 both on the same hard disk. When i installed chameleon i didnt really configure anything i just let it install on the osx partition. The problem is that to get to the chameleon bootloader i actually have to go through the windows bootloader first... kind of silly. I have tried marking the osx partition as active (where chameleon is installed) but this results in a boot 0 error. I also have a EISA partition and a data partition on the same hard disk. And if it matters im using a dsdt.aml to get osx to boot.

I would like to get this set up so that when the computer starts it goes straight to the chameleon bootloader and not first through the vista bootloader.

thanks for any help
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:24:59 AM by dufund »

AniV

• Observer
Re: Vista bootloader and Chameleon 2.0 rc
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:26:38 PM »
Okay so heres my specific problem. I have vista installed as well as osx 10.5.6 both on the same hard disk. When i installed chameleon i didnt really configure anything i just let it install on the osx partition. The problem is that to get to the chameleon bootloader i actually have to go through the windows bootloader first... kind of silly. I have tried marking the osx partition as active (where chameleon is installed) but this results in a boot 0 error. I also have a EISA partition and a data partition on the same hard disk. And if it matters im using a dsdt.aml to get osx to boot.

I would like to get this set up so that when the computer starts it goes straight to the chameleon bootloader and not first through the vista bootloader.

thanks for any help
This sounds familiar to me. Have a look here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=3jq945lf8n4a4a1f02hpt37u12&topic=459.0
maybe it will help you. Cheers.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". .