Chameleon > General Discussion

Choice of VESA Graphic Mode

<< < (2/2)

Jedric:
Not sure if you already tried these, they have tons of bios collection.

http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/func,selectfolder/cat,4/

distantstorm:
Thanks but yeah, that's where I was getting them from. Just random compatible ones really. Tried about eight or nine different ones and no luck. Figured if I could try someone's that definitely works I could rule my card BIOS in or out the equation. Count yourself lucky with your 1280x1024, you should see how bad most themes are at 800x600!

distantstorm:
Just an update here... I'd like to say problem is solved but it is now explained....

My 8800GT is connected from DVI on the card to HDMI on my monitor (my monitor doesn't have DVI input and came with a DVI-HDMI cable). This is all well and good when booted into OSX (or Windows) and the drivers are all up and running but not when it comes to software using VESA such as Chameleon. It would seem to be the HDMI interface itself that doesn't support the resolutions through VESA. I can't really justify a new monitor for a bootloader so now I need to find a theme that doesn't overlap etc at 800x600. Urgh!  :D 

Blackosx:
Thanks for this info distantstorm.

I have just caught up with this thread after not seeing it for ages and your info got me thinking. I have an MSI 8800GT 512MB OC and I used a DVI to VGA converter to connect my monitor via VGA, and I also had limited video mode options through Chameleon. But I have now just removed the DVI to VGA connector and connected directly using DVI and I can at last use 1680x1050. Brilliant!

So Thanks again
:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version