Author Topic: Do I have to delete/rename AppleHDA.kext?  (Read 11076 times)

rcfa

Do I have to delete/rename AppleHDA.kext?
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »
The readme says:

"  * bad things (tm) will happen if some other hda driver is loaded or present in the catalogue when voodoohda is loaded"

AppleHDA.kext doesn't get loaded on the EeePC 1000HE, hence the need for either the AzaliaAudio.kext (which sort of works), or VoodoyHDA, which I want to give a try as an improvement over the former.
So given that AzaliaAudio gets loaded, it needs to be removed/renamed to not collide with the VoodooHDA.kext, that much is a understood, given the readme text.
However, what's meant with "present in the catalogue"? Is that a driver that matches a device and thus could be loaded, or is it sufficient to be in the Extensions folder to be in the catalogue in the sense used above?

Preferrably I'd like to modify the factory install of Mac OS X as little as anyhow possible, so I don't want to delete things that are not *absolutely* required to be deleted, if not for any other reason, then to make it easier to keep track of required changes, and to minimize the number of things I have to monitor after an Apple Software Update.

Answers highly appreciated...

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
Re: Do I have to delete/rename AppleHDA.kext?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:58:11 PM »
As long as you have no "HDEF" acpi device in your DSDT or use the HDAEnabler, AppleHDA will unload during initial matching, and there will not be any issues when VoodooHDA is running.