Author Topic: Chameleon and mkext from another Leo partition  (Read 3044 times)

Lord Anubis

Chameleon and mkext from another Leo partition
« on: May 04, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
Hi,

Still amazed from the many possibilities with all those kexts.

Because of this, I am a little confused and hopes that someone can help/us out, because I am sur that I am not the only one.

The question:
If I add a kext to the Chameleon extra's folder do I have to delete the extensions.mkext file from the os partition wich I want to run from?

A real world example:
I am busy with getting my Pata drive's working [See this post:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127611&st=440#].
I want to install my edited kext in the extra's folder [partition Chameleon], this way I keep my OSX's install clean and vanila which lives on another partition [partition Chimera]. But I notice that the AppleVIAATA.kext kext doesn't show up using kextstat | grep ATA and thus not in my result kextstat.txt file.
I have the grazy idea that extension.mkext overrides everything what was loaded before.
So, to get this working, is it necessarily to delete the extension.mkext from the Chimera Partition.

Code: [Select]
In order to get my kextstat file I use:
root# uname -a > kextstat.txt
root# echo >> kextstat.txt
root# kextstat | grep ATA >> kextstat.txt
root# echo >> kextstat.txt
root# ioreg -l >> kextstat.txt

Quicksilver 2002 Case - GB EP45-DS3P - 8Gb Kingston mem. - Q6600 - Asus 7300GT Silent 512Mb - 6 SATA drives - 1 IDE drives ( using F12/Chameleon for booting, not visible in OSX ) - 1 external Sata Samsung DVD - OSX 10.6.8 server retail - Chameleon 2.0RC1 + Cartri Bios

Lord Anubis

Re: Chameleon and mkext from another Leo partition
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »
Someone from higher ground can answer this?

If I add a kext to the Chameleon extra's folder do I have to delete the extensions.mkext file from the os partition wich I want to run from?

thanks
Quicksilver 2002 Case - GB EP45-DS3P - 8Gb Kingston mem. - Q6600 - Asus 7300GT Silent 512Mb - 6 SATA drives - 1 IDE drives ( using F12/Chameleon for booting, not visible in OSX ) - 1 external Sata Samsung DVD - OSX 10.6.8 server retail - Chameleon 2.0RC1 + Cartri Bios