overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [Answered] Is there a VoodooPS2Controller for Snow Leopard  (Read 17105 times)

BladeRunner

[Answered] Is there a VoodooPS2Controller for Snow Leopard
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
I am currently working on installing Snow Leopard on one of my test drives.  I was wonderng if there is a VoodooPS2Controller in the works anyplace that works with Snow Leopard.  Or, can anyone tell me for sure that the current version works with Snow Leopard?

Update: I found the answer myself.  The short answer is that the current version will work in Snow Leo.  I was placing it in /Extra/Extensions without building an Extensions.mkext file because it was the first boot under Snow Leo. That resulted in a mouse cursor that was frozen in the upper left corner of the screen.

Out of desperation, I tried to boot in single user mode.  That worked.  Then, I used the following command to build the Extensions.mkext under Snow Leo.

Code: [Select]
kextcache -v 1 -t -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext   /Extra/Extensione
Then, after renaming the Extensions folder,  I restarted the system.  Now, the mouse cursor works just fine.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:40:25 PM by BladeRunner »
Base system: HP Pavilion P6340f Desktop  Intel� Core2Quad�  CPU: Speed: 2.66 GHz   Package: Socket 775 LGA:  L2 Cache 2 x 2048 KB  RAM : 8.0 GB:  DDR3

Disks : 2 eSATA @ 2 TB (hardware raid 1), NAS 4 x 2 TB raid 5 Display : 21" Samsung on EVGA GeForce 9400 GT - PCIe - 1900x1080  Keyboard/mouse :  USB connected  OS Version : 10.6.0 from retail DVD + SW update to 10.6.5 - Kernel:  Vanilla mach_kernel

Signal64

• Observer
Re: [Answered] Is there a VoodooPS2Controller for Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 04:18:33 AM »
As far as I've seen this will work in 32bit mode only though.
A compiled 64bit flavor would be bonus.

finotelli

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »
Out of desperation, I tried to boot in single user mode.  That worked.  Then, I used the following command to build the Extensions.mkext under Snow Leo.

sorry... but how to boot in single user mode?

BladeRunner

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »

At the boot prompt, enter "-s" and press Enter
Base system: HP Pavilion P6340f Desktop  Intel� Core2Quad�  CPU: Speed: 2.66 GHz   Package: Socket 775 LGA:  L2 Cache 2 x 2048 KB  RAM : 8.0 GB:  DDR3

Disks : 2 eSATA @ 2 TB (hardware raid 1), NAS 4 x 2 TB raid 5 Display : 21" Samsung on EVGA GeForce 9400 GT - PCIe - 1900x1080  Keyboard/mouse :  USB connected  OS Version : 10.6.0 from retail DVD + SW update to 10.6.5 - Kernel:  Vanilla mach_kernel

finotelli

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »

At the boot prompt, enter "-s" and press Enter

realy thanks man... but i have kp when boot with "-s" flags... only this dont work for me :/

rameshb_v

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 09:27:47 AM »
I am currently working on installing Snow Leopard on one of my test drives.  I was wonderng if there is a VoodooPS2Controller in the works anyplace that works with Snow Leopard.  Or, can anyone tell me for sure that the current version works with Snow Leopard?

Update: I found the answer myself.  The short answer is that the current version will work in Snow Leo.  I was placing it in /Extra/Extensions without building an Extensions.mkext file because it was the first boot under Snow Leo. That resulted in a mouse cursor that was frozen in the upper left corner of the screen.

Code: [Select]
kextcache -v 1 -t -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext   /Extra/Extensione
Then, after renaming the Extensions folder,  I restarted the system.  Now, the mouse cursor works just fine.

Did you delete the ApplePS2Controller from /S/L/E before staging these in /Extra/Extensions ? Can you tell me the procedure ?

BladeRunner

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:09:31 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.  I had not been following this area for a while - working on a Linux home theater PC.

I did not delete anything from /S/L/E or any other part of SL.  My goal is to keep SL as near vanilla possible.  All my overrides/adjustments are in the /Extra folder with the exception of boot, boot0 and the patched mach_kernel.xxx which is referenced in /Extra/con.apple.Boot.plist. 

erick2red

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
Is there any chance to get this working for Snow Leopard x86_64 ???

I've been trying some kexts compiled for x86_64 as they say, but i can't get it to work and in 32bit it works the same installer package as for leopard.

And i'm using a ps2 mouse not a touchpad or anything else.