overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Multifinger Scrolling and Tap to Click not working [Synaptics]  (Read 5110 times)

Xeijin

• Entrant
Hi There,

Finally got the kext installed without any kernel panics. While it seems to be fine there are still a few problems:

Multi-finger scrolling does not work at all.

I have lost the ability to "tap" on the touchpad to select/click something. This is also very annoying because I can no longer "double tap" to 'grab' things such as Scrollbars or files.

I am running OS X 10.5.6 on a Medion Akoya Mini E1210 (MSI Wind Clone) with a Synaptics Touchpad.

Regards,

-Xeijin

Xeijin

• Entrant
Re: Multifinger Scrolling and Tap to Click not working [Synaptics]
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:20 PM »
Anyone? I can't see why this would randomly not work  :-\

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 08:37:01 PM »
Hello, for the double tap thing, you have to increase double click speed in "Keyboard and Mouse" preference panel and in "Trackpad" Preference Panel.

For the multifinger thing, have you checked it's actually activated in the "VoodooPS2" preference panel ?

Xeijin

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
Hi There,

Yes, Multifinger scrolling is enabled in the Vodoo control panel, all boxes in that section are ticked.

Increasing the tapping speed has no effect in the Trackpad panel or the vodoo panel. I can still "double tap" things, but I no longer seem to be able to "drag" things (like icons on the desktop, or scrollbars), I can see double tap working because I can start programs from the desktop with the trackpad.

Just to be clear this is tapping on the trackpad itself, not the left click button.

Thanks for the help.

Mac Hosehead

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
I have full trackpad functionality with Synaptics and Wind U100. I am running iPC upgraded to 10.5.7. The only complaint I have is that tapping is a bit "touchy". Playing with the Voodoo settings has helped. Multi-finger scrolling works very well. I disabled the side scrolling, didn't seem to make a difference.

What install are you using? Have you looked through kextstat?

-MH