Author Topic: Noise After Stanby  (Read 9008 times)

Cernic

• Entrant
Noise After Stanby
« on: May 08, 2009, 08:53:15 PM »
Hello to Everyone ,

i noticed i problem that figured out with this driver on a Conexant hd smart audio 221 . After stanby , but also after some time that i am using mac , the audio becomes noise , terrible noise , even every command works the audio quality is pair to 0 . Has someone a solution for this ? greetings

Cernic

• Entrant
Re: Noise After Stanby
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »
Hello to Everyone ,

i noticed i problem that figured out with this driver on a Conexant hd smart audio 221 . After stanby , but also after some time that i am using mac , the audio becomes noise , terrible noise , even every command works the audio quality is pair to 0 . Has someone a solution for this ? greetings

Also te maximum volume on my audio card is a bit little low . these are reports of miy situation. Hope it can be useful to someone

Farkonian

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:21:06 AM »
Here is a hack that fixed (worked around) the nasty-audio-after-sleep issue for me:

Download and install SleepWatcher:  http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10387

(Reboot once after installing I think?)

It will create the script /etc/rc.wakeup and call it each time the computer resumes from sleep mode.

Edit /etc/rc.wakeup and add these lines to the bottom:

Code: [Select]
  /sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext>>/var/log/system.log
sleep 1
  /sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext>>/var/log/system.log

Which simply unloads the kext and then reloads it, sending the output to the system log file.

The kextunload line is included multiple times because the kext often requires 2-3 attempts to unload properly.  (This is already noted in the VoodooHDA release notes)

Hope this works for you.

yrrag

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for this info. I tried adding the lines to my rc.wakeup file, but on wakeup from sleep my Audio is gone.
The kext seems to be unloading ok - but not re-loading.
I run the rc.wakeup script from root and it reloads the VoodooHDA.kext and sound then works fine.
But this is still manual process.
Any ideas?

zhell

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »
As a tempoary work-around, you can add to the script a few more attempts to load the kext
Code: [Select]
attempts=10
i=0
while [[ $i -lt $attempts ]] && ! /sbin/kextload -v -t /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext >>/var/log/system.log; do
    ((i++))
    echo "Failed to kextload VooodooHDA.kext" >>/var/log/system.log
    sleep 10
done

Farkonian

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 02:31:47 AM »
That's a bummer... mine always loads on the first try.

Zhell's trick sounds like it would work.  (Or just duplicate the kextload line a few times at the end of rc.wakeup if you are lazy like me  :D )

I wonder if you could need more delay between the unload/reload?  You could try changing "sleep 1" to "sleep 3".  It just tells the computer to wait that number of seconds before doing the next thing.

Good luck, I hope you can find a good solution.

yrrag

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 05:46:07 PM »
Thanks everyone. Increasing to sleep 3 worked like a charm. Excellent !!!!