Chameleon > General Discussion

Bootloader freezes if I don't hit "enter"

(1/2) > >>

Dewdman42:
I am using the new Chameleon 2.0RC1.  Looks great.  Seems to be working, with one problem, when the Chameleon GUI comes up, if I immediately hit "enter" to select a partition to boot, it works fine.  Also if I immediately hit an arrow key when it comes up, then I can arrow around and it seems to be working.

However, if I don't hit anything, then after a couple seconds (less than 3), it freezes and becomes completely unresponsive and never does boot up into OSX.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?  I would really like to configure it so that if I don't hit Enter it will boot up for me, but that is really a second question after we figure out why it freezes when I don't hit the enter key immediately.

Lord Anubis:
Hi,

with one theme, twilight ( maybe already updated ) I did have the same. For me, using the space and then cursor up/down key then I do get the list back and can startup.

I did change to another theme and did have no problems anymore.

Maybe its the same as for you?

HTH

Dewdman42:
I will try the space and cursor keys.  I was not using any configured theme, just the default.  Is that Twilight? 

Lord Anubis:
Hi,

if I remember it right the default was named default.
I could be wrong however. Iam not at my mhackintosh.

With the default one I didn't have problems.

rocksteady:
Confirming that the name of the default theme is "Default", so it should be in your com.apple.Boot.plist as

--- Code: ---<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
--- End code ---

There're some more posts here signaling weird behavior with some themes, other than that it may have to do with your setup.

--- Quote from: Dewdman42 on May 15, 2009, 08:30:47 PM ---I would really like to configure it so that if I don't hit Enter it will boot up for me...
--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(x,y)</string>
--- End code ---

just replace x,y with the actual numbers of your Leopard partition. Btw, I just posted the official Chameleon docs, you'll find all the boot options that matter here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version