Chameleon > General Discussion

Bootloader freezes if I don't hit "enter"

<< < (2/2)

Dewdman42:
It is selecting my primary partition anyway.

Actually, all very strange behavior.  The old chameleon did not exhibit these problems. 

When chameleon first starts up, it shows three icons for my three partitions.  The first partition has OSX on it, the others are only data(one is another disk).  The first icon is selected.  If I hit the enter key within about a second or two, then it boots up fine.  If I wait longer than that, then Enter won't work, and it hangs there indefinitely, it does not timeout or startup automatically.

However as someone suggested I can hit the spacebar, which does pop up the configuration menu and I can scroll up and down, look at options, look at video specs, move back to the top menu item to boot and hit enter and then it will boot.

If I set the timeout to say:

<key>Timeout</key>
   <string>10</string>

Then it takes much longer then 10 seconds before it automatically boots up(like several minutes), but it does automatically boot up to my first partition eventually.  There is a progress meter that runs for a couple minutes, then it finally will boot.  If I set the timeout to "1" then it waits for maybe 10-20 seconds or so and then boots.

Once the progress meter is up, which happens right away, then chameleon will not respond to any keyboard input of any kind to hit enter to boot or bring up the menu or anything.  At that point I just have to wait for the timeout to occur.

These seem like bugs in Chameleon, so I'm just reporting them here. 

System is Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 rev2.0 (F14c).  Partitions are GUID.

rocksteady:
How's your boot device priority setup? 

also, are you in SATA/AHCI setup or SATA/IDE?

Dewdman42:
OSX is on primary device, primary partition.  Nothing complicated.

I am using SATA/AHCI

blast9999:
How is that 14c bios update, did it get you any new features? Last time I checked it was still beta. I have the same mobo and no problems with the F13 bios version.

Dewdman42:
This is off topic so I will PM you the details of critical BIOS changes that occurred around a year ago in the F13ish range.  Its not clear to me that F13 has the critical fixes I am referring to, and F14c is the next one available.  Its been working fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version