Chameleon > General Discussion

USBBusFix, EHCIacquire, UHCIreset and SMBIOSdefaults

(1/2) > >>

Dewdman42:
Chameleon has a couple of options mentioned which can be controlled via Boot.plist and I was wondering if someone could explain what each of these items are, what they do, when I would want it on or off, etc.

I also notice the Chameleon installs a few kexts into /Extra and hopefully someone could explain if and when those are needed or when they can potentially be removed.

USBBusFix
EHCIacquire
UHCIreset
SMBIOSdefaults

thanks

Dewdman42:
Does anyone know anything about these?  Additionally I would like to know what the following extensions are that Chameleon appears to have installed in /Extra/Extensions:

AHCIPortInjector.kext:
ATAPortInjector.kext:
AppleACPIButtons.kext:
AppleACPIEC.kext:
AppleACPIPCI.kext:
IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext:
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext:
IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext:

Kabyl:

--- Quote from: Dewdman42 on May 17, 2009, 11:45:22 PM ---Does anyone know anything about these?  Additionally I would like to know what the following extensions are that Chameleon appears to have installed in /Extra/Extensions:

AHCIPortInjector.kext:
ATAPortInjector.kext:
AppleACPIButtons.kext:
AppleACPIEC.kext:
AppleACPIPCI.kext:
IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext:
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext:
IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext:

--- End quote ---

It only installs 3 kexts (optional), it will probably include a disabler kext in the future.

Dewdman42:
Hmm.  Very strange because I didn't put those other ones there.  Is there any weird possibility that the 10.5.7 combo updater would have put them there somehow?

I am reverting back to old chameleon for now, it was working very reliably for me and continues to now.  I'll check out gui chameleon in the future when its finalized.

Thanks!

ps - if there is someplace we can find an FAQ or explanation of things like USBBusFix, EHCIacquire, UHCIreset and SMBBIOSdefaults (they are mentioned in the Chameleon docs), then it would be helpful to  know what these are and also to know what is the purpose of the kexts installed by chameleon.

crankshaft:
Hi;

It appears that the post install script installs dependencies for any kexts that are found in the /Extra/Extensions folder, possibly using the kextlibs and kextfind commands ??!

P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version