Chameleon > General Discussion

USBBusFix, EHCIacquire, UHCIreset and SMBIOSdefaults

<< < (2/2)

Dewdman42:
post install of 10.5.7?  I'm curious why it would have installed into /Extra/Extensions intead of /System/Library/Extensions, unless it was related to one of the ones that I had in /Extra/Extensions at the time of running the updater. 

Hmm.  ok, thanks

crankshaft:
The post installer of chameleon not the 10.5.7 installer, I'm not sure if it looks at the kexts in the /extra/extensions folder and then gets the dependencies from s/l/e or whether it reads the s/l/e cache and gets a list of loaded kexts.

This happens when you re-run the chameleon installer where the extra/extensions folder already exists and there are kexts in them, if there are no kexts and it's a new install then nothing appears to be added.

P

kocoman:
Is there any written details about what these are for??

USBBusFix, EHCIacquire, UHCIrese

thorazine74:

--- Quote from: kocoman on May 23, 2009, 06:02:30 PM ---Is there any written details about what these are for??

USBBusFix, EHCIacquire, UHCIrese

--- End quote ---

From what I understand, they are supposed to fix problems with USB controllers that are not detected properly by OS X, causing some problems. I believe they are mean to replace the patched AppleEHCI/UCHI kexts available. EHCIAcquire would fix USB 2.0 controllers reset, UHCIreset would fix USB 1.0/1.1 and USBBusfix would fix both.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Dewdman42:
So if we weren't having problems before related to USB, can we run without those?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version