overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Bluetooth Boot & Support  (Read 7791 times)

SweetiCarameil

• Entrant
Bluetooth Boot & Support
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:53:19 PM »
Hello !
I have an Apple wireless keyboard on my Hackintosh (and a $5 USB bluetooth module found on eBay, whick by luck works very well with Leopard) and i think it could be a great idea to use the bluetooth feature in chameleon, to choose your boot system without using a wired keyboard :)

Thanks !

swolk

• Entrant
Re: Bluetooth Boot & Support
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:23:06 AM »
I'm in the same boat, this would be very useful.

thorazine74

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:53:22 AM »
I think that needs BIOS support, so its probably out of chameleon's hands.
Mac OS X 10.5.6 Retail (Updated to 10.5.7) with Chameleon 2.0 RC1+BootIt NextGen 1.86 (MBR Single Drive)
Gigabyte 73PVM-S2H + C2D + 2 Gb
2 SATA HD (AppleAHCIport.kext) + 1 PATA DVD+RW (DarwinATAPort.kext)
Realtek ALC889 (VoodooHDA.kext)
Geforce 8600GTS (EFI String) PS/2 M & KB: VoodooPS2.kext

qckslvrguyinkc

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:38:34 AM »
It could also be done with a very basic driver system, but you still have to deal with pairing and all of that other fun stuff. Even Bluetooth keyboard/mouse pairing at the BIOS level would most likely require a second Bluetooth radio and PS2 or USB keyboard/mouse emulation at that level, similar to how the old PowerPC Macs could use Bluetooth keyboards and mice to do CMD+OPT+P+R and other fun keyboard tricks.

I keep a PS2 keyboard and ball mouse attached at all times for those times I really need it.

Rodman55

• Observer
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:47:35 PM »
If You Could Incorporate Bluetooth Support For Choosing A Partition Or Drive To Boot Up With Using A Usb Keyboard I Would Donate A LOT For This To Happen..... Maybe Auto Pairing Or Something Of That Sort???

PLEASE INCORPURATE THAT I BEG OF YOU...
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:52:17 PM by Rodman55 »

Rodman55

• Observer
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
any reply? does Bluetooth on boot depend on you machine/ BIOS??? Can anyone use Bluetooth at chameleon's boot menu???

Rodman55

• Observer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
Could You Incorporate Bluetooth Support For Choosing A Partition Or Drive To Boot Up With Using A Usb Keyboard I Would Donate A LOT For This To Happen..... Maybe Auto Pairing Or Something Of That Sort???

Rodman55

• Observer
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »
Is this depending on your machine/BIOS???

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »
Merged it, it is not necessary to double post...

Rodman55

• Observer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 01:14:28 AM »
in some way it is necessary...(to get people viewing other subjects to reply)!!!!!

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
Hi Rodman55

If people don't reply then it's most probably because they don't know the answer, and you're not the first person to ask for this. The search feature just returned this for me http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,355.msg1302.html#msg1302

Unfortunately, I am not technically qualified to answer your question to exactly why it can't be done. The developers here kindly donate their spare time when they can and I am sure, when somebody knows the answer, they will shed some light on the situation.

Note: I have merged this topic in to the existing one as they are essentially the same.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:54:59 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

Terc

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »
I think there are some bluetooth keyboards that use their own usb dongle, and appear to the computer as just a plain usb keyboard.  I realize this isn't a fix, but if you want a wireless keyboard that works while still in the boot process (including bios) then this is probably the only way to go.

Drule

• Observer
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »
I think there are some bluetooth keyboards that use their own usb dongle, and appear to the computer as just a plain usb keyboard.  I realize this isn't a fix, but if you want a wireless keyboard that works while still in the boot process (including bios) then this is probably the only way to go.

Yes, I used to use a MS Deluxe Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, MS BT transceiver, that my Gateway system BIOS recognized on boot, so I could enter the BIOS setup using it without any problem. If the keyboard wasn't so huge, I'd probably still be using it, now I just bring it out when I have to setup the BIOS or select bootup partitions in Chameleon, as my Apple Aluminum keyboard (with numeric keypad) isn't recognized until the operating system has loaded :(