Author Topic: What is VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller ?  (Read 7770 times)

ChrisH

• Entrant
What is VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller ?
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:22:41 PM »
Hi,
iam new and dont know what

VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controlle is?

thx

lebidou

• Resident
Re: What is VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller ?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 07:29:45 PM »
VoodooHDA is an alternate driver for High Definition Audio based Sound Cards. It's made as a replacement for AppleHDA.kext driver, and based on a BSD Driver.

VoodooPS2Controller is driver for PS2 devices such as Keyboards, Mice and Trackpads, the PS2 interface being very used in PCs but quite rare in Macs. It's a replacement for ApplePS2Controller.kext, it adds double finger scroll capability for trackpads. It allows to get rid of AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, required by ApplePS2Controller.

timeshifter

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »
Is there anything special you have to do to get two finger scrolling to work?  Or, do you just install the kext?

cnnn

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
Is there anything special you have to do to get two finger scrolling to work?  Or, do you just install the kext?

This varies. For me, I just need to install it and manully update with trip2me's patch.

timeshifter

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:07:50 AM »
My current install uses the method outlined here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=5dfcc073431e73fdbf8f7e2c0d6f3ab9&showtopic=128274&st=300

I've installed Mac OS X on several machines going all the way back to 2005.  For the life of my I can't figure out how to install the kext with the MacLoader partition.  I'd like to keep my main Leopard partition completely pure and only load kexts into the other partition. 

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction?