Author Topic: Can't Get Side-Scrolling to work on Synaptics  (Read 6041 times)

uman

• Observer
Can't Get Side-Scrolling to work on Synaptics
« on: May 30, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
Hi,

I have a Synaptics touchpad on a Gateway laptop. Before with ApplePS2Nub, I just deleted the AppleTrackpad kext within the ApplePS2Controller kext, and side-scroll worked great.

With VoodooPS2Controller, the side scroll *only* works within menus (context or top), or pick-lists. It doesn't work in the body of any content (like Firefox pages, NeoOffice docs).

Any clue what settings I need to look at? I tried the added VoodooPS2 prefs panel, but it didn't do anything (other than crash the kext, forcing me to reboot).

I don't care for 2-finger scroll on the small trackpad I have, so I'd prefer to get side-scrolling working.

Thanks.

cogombo

• Entrant
Re: Can't Get Side-Scrolling to work on Synaptics
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »
HAve you readed this mini guide? this was the only way to make working VoodooPS2. Now it works perfect with all functions!!
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,257.0.html

uman

• Observer
Re: Can't Get Side-Scrolling to work on Synaptics
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:18:13 PM »
HAve you readed this mini guide? this was the only way to make working VoodooPS2. Now it works perfect with all functions!!
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,257.0.html

Yep. That was the guide I used. I'm an old unix hand and a C++ programmer, so no problems with the tech side. What I'm more concerned with WRT to VoodooPS2 is a lack of documentation. If I had the desire, I could sit down and figure out what's wrong, but then I'd have less time to spend on my own programing projects. I decided to go back to using PS2Nub and deleting ApplePS2Trackpad, which work fine-- side-scroll, no crashes.

I may check back with VoodooPS2 when it hits the 1.0 release.